how to get followers

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)
  1. iceangel profile image60
    iceangelposted 13 years ago

how can one get followers.......on hubpages

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image74
      Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By not asking same questions again n again... http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/62903#post1386927

1. xixi12 profile image69
        xixi12posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Trsmd profile image56
      Trsmdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you want more followers join others ask request them to follow you..

1. saleheensblog profile image61
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

never do it, this is the worst thing to do. never ask for following you. Write quality content, participate in forum and help others, leave insightful comments, answer questions and follow quality hubbers. you will be followed automatically. There in no point of begging pity or spamming. Forget any short cut method. Hard work and only hard work can bring you more followers.

Let me remind you one thing; getting more follower don't help you earning money at all. It's totally the social side of HP. If you want to earn your main concern should be organic traffic. If you want to get more followers just be social and responsible. That's it.

1. profile image0
          Edliraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perfectly expressed my point as well :-)!

2. mrfluffy profile image59
          mrfluffyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said

2. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Ice Angel, people will follow you if they like what you write. If they don't like what you write, nobody is going to follow you. So, if nobody is following you, then you need to do work on writing your hubs well.

1. Pcunix profile image86
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If only that were true. Unfortunately, some follow in hopes that you will follow back.

Free advice for those folks: a lot of us absolutely will NOT.

3. Mikeydoes profile image41
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Followers are not what are instrumental in the success of hubpages. But they certainly do help. My suggestion is to make hubs and be active on the forums. Show that you want to learn and that you are improving. Also read and comment on other people's hubs.

Other than that, there is no other way to really get followers.

4. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 13 years ago

Just continue to be active.  There are new people who are looking for followers all the time.  Make yourself visible.

5. simeonvisser profile image63
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

People who ask how to get followers have not yet grasped why people follow other people. If I follow you it means you have written some good content and you're sharing it with me. I mean not even agree with what you write but if your writing style is good or I like your hubs, I'll follow.

You seem to be young and at that age having a large number of followers is an accomplishment in itself. Forget that idea and focus on your own work to make sure it is high quality.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile About right. Which was what I tried to tell him... I've been quite surprised to have people follow me as it wasn't what I set out to do. I set out to learn what was required and execute it in the best way I knew how. And I'm still learning! smile

6. TheManWithNoPants profile image59
    TheManWithNoPantsposted 13 years ago

Remove your pants?

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol another good reason to put your pants on in the morning  lol

7. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

followers will come over time for various reasons. follow those you enjoy reading, comment on hubs, help out when you can, follow topics you write about.

this is not completely true. followers who sign up on your page and become referrals can definitely help your earnings if they write quality hubs. it's not all social. they also can help by networking via Facebook.

most of all, don't put your focus on obtaining followers. put your focus on your writing and they will come. enjoy HP.

8. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

getting followers?  easy - hang around, goof off, write, write, write, make friends - but then, the real question is "How do you get your followers to read and comments on what you write here?"

I have NO idea!

9. Midnight Oil profile image81
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Wear a bright high visibility vest, jump up and down a lot, wave furiously, scream and shout, or offer money...

If all else fails just publish lots of silly Hubs and write daft stuff in the forum like I do... Still don't have many followers though... big_smile

10. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 13 years ago

Write, Read, Follow, Vote Nominees- carefully and honestly, I guess

11. imatellmuva profile image76
    imatellmuvaposted 13 years ago

You're funee Midnight Oil! I"m going to follow you RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

1. Midnight Oil profile image81
      Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, but I am not sure where I am going ?   Got a map or sat nav smile

12. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I noticed I have lots of followers when a hub of mine is always featured in the front page (old HP feature) and once your author score is high and reached 100 you get a lot of followers too.

13. yenajeon profile image56
    yenajeonposted 13 years ago

Hate to make it sound bad, but if you want followers just participate in forums. I see people with 5 hubs, 4,000 posts and 1,000 followers (because of forums, duh). The reason I have so few followers for my time here? I usually stay away from forums!

14. guy1973 profile image55
    guy1973posted 13 years ago

sont ask others to follow you, that bad, its rather simple, write quality content and activily participate in forums giving advice and then you will get results

15. arthurchappell profile image42
    arthurchappellposted 13 years ago

I follow writers who'se writings I like, as I want to see more of their work. Hubs are not like Myspace where people just accumulate friends by clicking everyone in sight. Be selective - people who show strong regular interest in my own Hubs get my attention as they probably write about similar stuff that I write about and their friends do too. If I like your hubs, chances are i'll be interested in your friends too as they may well also have hubs on the topics that drew you under my radar. Never add a friend without knowing what they write and only pick the ones that do it really well for you. Add them, and look in on their new hubs, comment on heir writings, award them karma-points, etc. That's how the hubs move.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)