jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Annoyed with hubscore?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

The question is who not?

So, why not posting some ideas that can better the scoring system and help HP getting rid of tons of substandard hubs? 

My recommendations are:

1. Hubs should be at least of 400 words. Poets can write a couple of poem or make an explanation or background of the poems. Can't they? Same can do the artists.

2. No visible grammatical or spelling mistake in hubs will be allowed. MS word type text capsule with grammar and spell checker? Thus we can get rid of spun and barely written in English Hubs. Not sure if it is possible.

3. No more than 10 following allowed in one day.

4. Hubber with less than 75 hubber score wouldn't be allowed to create more than one forum post within 10 minutes. Forum spammer will get tired at least.

5. A text to amazon/ebay ads ratio? 40 ads for 400 words and then 10 more ads for every additional 100 words.

Just some thoughts big_smile

Post you suggestions, please.

1. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Who are forum spammers?

saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

many spammers sign up and start posting links of outbound domains in each and every forum.

1. profile image0

Thanks, I was scared you were talking about me! smile

Oh, I was just asking for feedback for my scores after a month, and I thought my hubscore was 73 (that's the figure average at the bottom of my hub). I just went back and corrected it because I just realized it might be the one that is attached next to my name and photo which is 92.

So, which one is the hub score?
          And what is the name of the other one?

Thanks

Hub score in the individual score of the hub and author score is the score of the hubber that is shown on your profile pics though when we move the mouse over the scores in both cases it is shown as hubscore. Bit confusing but we can understand what is what, aren't we?

You are a high quality hubber and noway a spammer. Cheers big_smile

1. profile image0

So, my hub score is 73 and my author score is 92?

thanks! smile

exactly tongue

2. simeonvisser profile image86
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

The HubScore should be computed by combining a static and a dynamic part. The static part of the score comes from analyzing the Hub itself: the keywords, the contents and the tags. This is without considering any traffic. The dynamic part looks at feedback, number of comments and daily/monthly traffic. A Hub that scores badly on contents but still draws a lot of traffic each month can still score well.

3. lyndre profile image81
    lyndreposted 6 years ago

HP already have their system for substandard hubs.

Why should other hubbers be concerned with this subject?

Lets just get back to the reason I personally joined hubpages.Enjoying writing and having some fun along the way.

working