How do you make a hub score goes above 80?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Dense profile image59
    Denseposted 14 years ago

Hi there, I'd been on Hubpages for 6 months now but probably been active for only 2 or 3 weeks. At the moment, I have 7 hubs and only 1 have breached the 80 mark (75-85). Most are in the 70s. 1-2 will drop down to 60s every now and then.
    So my question is, how do you make a hub go above 80 in score? Get more back links, make use of all the widgets, grammar, prose, etc.
    Would appreciate if somone nice could go over and read some of them and tell me why they are not scoring higher. wink
    I suspect it's bad choice of topic - my hubs mostly on Ubuntu which a lot of people are not aware of - but I need pointers just in case I miss out on something.
    (Disregard the one about the Premier League, and the one about Apturl - One's a bit short and the other is really boring! smile )
    Also, am I doing my tags all wrong?
    Another thing, it seemed to me that 6 months ago, it's easier for me to score higher - or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Thanks! Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place. Am new to the forum. smile

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A lot of my hubs are below 80, wouldn't worry about it!

1. Dense profile image59
        Denseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would, for the bragging rights! big_smile

2. profile image0
      pburgerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My first hub went over 80 without me doing anything deliberate....
      I believe the score involves how active you are on other hubs, threads, and forums; and how active people are on your hubs - so post a few topics that generate lots of discussion....

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

HubScore has nothing to do with grammar or spelling.

One thing that will make a big difference to your Hubs is traffic.  So I'd say getting more backlinks would be helpful.  Also take a look at your Title, capsule headings etc to make sure you've got your keywords sorted.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I came over to lend a hand, but as usual you have it covered Marisa. smile

1. Dense profile image59

Thanks for helping, Marisa and earnestshub!
        That helped a lot. wink

Now, I have a new one. How do I go above 92 (my highest that I can recall seeing) in Author Score?
        Backlinks and SEOS?
        Are those who got 100, SEO experts?

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Traffic does not necessarily lead to a high author score. I see you only have 5 forum posts to your name. Forum participation, asking and answering questions, and other hubtivity are all relevant. Try to see how many posts the high ranking authors have. You will also gain more followers.

1. Dense profile image59

Thanks for the reply, Website Examiner. Will try to be a be a bit more active in the forum from now on. smile

2. vhinz316 profile image58
            vhinz316posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi examiner thanks for sharing your knowledge on how we can increase our hubber score I'll try to participate in the forums as well smile God bless and take care.

3. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Oh dear! I wrote all this and you just wanted to know about hubscore. Be active in all the forums at least sometimes so people know you are here is one tip. smile

Great question that may illicit a few differing opinions. smile

1. If you can write really well, about any interesting subject or tell a story that people would love to read that alone will give you a good start. See new hubber (dobson) who has done very well with quality.
    2. If you are just an average writer like many of us, I know I feel the need to put in at least 5 pictures, several text capsules, links to other related and helpful information, a video or two if I can find really tightly relevant ones. Others will add to this list, or detract from it, I just hope it helps. smile
    3. Making money here is another matter, you need to build with targeted keyword for products or services that are informative and add value to the buyers experience like a good comparison of products and short but informative product reviews for example.
    4.Selecting the right market can be a bit tricky and then you need SEO and keywords that fit an active buying market. The first part is not easy, the second part is harder still and requires the fairly sophisticated use of external tools such as spybot, and the adwords tool that google provide. The adword tool is difficult to use, because the requirements change with different markets and so we do not all use the data in the same way, we have to interpret it for the markets we are in. An indicator of what MAY be!
    I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do. Good luck! smile

1. Dense profile image59

Thanks earnestshub, for the generous number of words in this explanation.  It's already longer than some of the hubs I see out there. smile
      I got you loud and clear! Thanks! smile

4. L3B0 profile image60
    L3B0posted 14 years ago

I honestly think you just need to have quality hubs smile with original content big_smile.
    These two things combined are bound to make your hub achieve the >80 score smile....also remember that it will not happen straight away like you all want it too especially with newer hubs.
    Just be patient.

1. Dense profile image59

My contents are original and at times over researched. For the time I spent on them, it pains me if they don't get enough credit/score! smile

1. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It takes time for hubs to mature as well.  You will find that backlinks will come naturally over time.  Keep the hub fresh so as the googlebots keep updating and checking for new material.  Add an RSS feed and/or a news capsule, max it to 8 with a relevant topic.  This will keep your hub active and live.

Hope this helps!

5. DustinsMom profile image60
    DustinsMomposted 14 years ago

I am still learning as well. Looks like you got lots of answers to your question. I learned some things as well. Thanks for asking the question!

1. Dense profile image59

Glad to be of help, big_smile!

1. Dense profile image59

Just had my highest hub going above 85 in hubscore. And for the first time ever, I see 2 red colored pyramids side-by-side. Aren't they just beautiful. Must polish my keywords and backlinks skills and see more of those! big_smile big_smile big_smile
        You're right guys, the traffic counts a lot in this! -_-

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotta love those two red arrows! I saw Dents comment and feel that many good hubs will not always get a good hubscore. A beautiful poem can remain quite low, or a well researched "How to" only works in certain very active markets. A bit of luck does no harm when it comes to the title and context of the hub as far as paying ctr is concerned, and it can come from some unlikely places! smile

1. Dense profile image59

Can we call them red boobies since they bring much excitement? big_smile

6. manoo_bilige profile image60
    manoo_biligeposted 14 years ago

when you contribute on other forums if you see that you can answer in a good manner do not post your answer on thread just create a new hub and post link within reply you ll get good results about hubscore

1. Dense profile image59

I'll keep this in mind. smile

1. profile image0

Except that linking to your own hub on the forums is against the TOS and could get your account banned.

7. educationleads profile image60
    educationleadsposted 14 years ago

So basically hub page activity other than on your own hub makes your score go up?

1. profile image0

It usually helps, provided your activities contribute to the so-called "community," and are not primarily self-promotional. Without several hubs, a lot of forum participation etc. may not give you a high score. It is more of a mix.

If one is on HubPages as an online marketer, as you seem to be, you could contribute in the forums were such things are being discussed.

8. Dense profile image59
    Denseposted 13 years ago

Since I last wrote this, my hubberscore has gone up, but 95 seems to be a ceiling for me. And 94 for hubscore.
    I'll like to break that too. How do I go about doing this?

9. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

To keep things short and straight, following are the main factors effecting Hubscore:
    1) Backlinks
    2) Forum Participation
    3) Make comments on other hubs you like
    4) Traffic

10. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Informative, helpful, good comments.

Not to be unpleasantly picky, but I believe earnestshub meant "elicit," rather than "illicit."  I hope so, anyway.

1. Dense profile image59
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had noted that illicit comment too. wink

11. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Fresh content with over 800+ words, and must have some regular visitors(5-10).

12. Dobson profile image75
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

I agree with amdromida about the size. Most of my hubs aveage over 1000 words. Of course you cannot just arrange letters of the alphabet without an interesting topic. Find out what people care about and write accordingly.

13. RNMSN profile image60
    RNMSNposted 13 years ago

write wite write
    and right right right on all the above answers
    haha

14. A.A. Zavala profile image69
    A.A. Zavalaposted 13 years ago

Outstanding advice.  THanks!

15. janrhe profile image59
    janrheposted 13 years ago

Well I only joined 2 days ago and am a bit overwhelmed by all the stuff you can do on this site.

You guys have increased my learning curve with some really good stuff.

I only have one hub so far but am really excited about writing more. Untill I have mastered this tool I am kinda applying and practicing all the techniques on this one, so that I speed up my learning and then really hit the writing. Have SO many ideas just hope I don't waffle.

I am still at the stage of being excited that someone actually clicked on my page........big_smile big_smile big_smile

16. Router Maniac profile image69
    Router Maniacposted 13 years ago

Personally I live for the long term result so I make sure I link to my hubs.  The first thing I do is bookmark my hub using only wire.  That way I can post the bookmark to about 25 sites right off the bat.  Those bookmarks take a while to index and mean anything but over time it helps.  I also found that traffic and comments are in the ranking mix, figuring out how to get more of those definetly helps.  I have a pretty active blog, so often I will link out of the blog into the hubpage for some activity.  It works.

1. Dense profile image59
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

At the moment, I'd just started signing up at some of the Social Bookmarking sites I see at Socialmarker.
      I can tell, even at this early stage, that posting to all these sites are going to be time consuming, so can you tell me if Onlywire is better than Socialmarker?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)