jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

What is a good amount of healthy backlinks coming in?

1. Dorsi profile image92
    Dorsiposted 6 years ago

I notice that on most of my oder hubs that are fairly healthy that I have about 5 or so backlinks coming in. What is considered a decent amounmt of links?
    I always link to all the sites on the share button and it looks like I'm getting some nice links from other sites too.

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

depending on niche competition 5-50,000 mad

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh well, only another 49,999 to go.

hmm
          http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4204949_f248.jpg

Nice cartoon.  Lost me completely.

Pcunix and Mark Knowles are not cartoon at all, pay due honor to the respected hubbers

Absolutely out of my depth here, but I will certainly pay respect to the most respected Hubbers on here.

And Pcunix as well of course.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
                  paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

tick tick tick...smile

2. saleheensblog profile image61

the characters in the image are Pcunix and Mark Knowles.j/k lol they always agree to disagree. ha ha ha. you told them cartoon??

2. Brooke Lorren profile image59
      Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can never have too many.

I had a web page that was consistently on page 1 of Google for a specific phrase, then suddenly fell off.  I wanted it back on page 1, so I wrote articles at Ezinearticles until it went back up.  It took about 20 articles, but now it's the number one article for that page.

3. Glemoh101 profile image53
      Glemoh101posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its depend on a lot factors like how many backlinks your competitors have ?
      try to steal the backlinks from your competitors.

2. profile image0
    Contriceposted 6 years ago

backlinks are great, they help you build traffic to your site. the more the better.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image76
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

It’s not just about numbers, where the link appears on the page that links to you is also important. If it appears in a sidebar or footer along with a ton of other links it will carry little value. On the other hand a link from within the main body or content of the linking page will carry much more weight. This is commonly referred to as contextual linking.

Another aspect is IP diversity, i.e. links from multiple websites hosted on different IP's will carry more weight than hundreds of links from the same site.

One way links are much more valuable than reciprocals. If you link back to the site that links to you are pretty much canceling out that link and any possible benefits.

The ideal link would be from a relevant page on a relevant authoritative site, however most of these pages sit on competitor websites. Because of the numbers involved, it is not always possible to find enough related sites that would be prepared to link to you, article syndication can make up this shortfall. 

Another factor to consider is that each page will require different levels of linking depending on how competitive the term you are targeting is and how trusted you own page is.

So, in answer to your question the correct amount of links is equal to the nunder required to achieve and maintain the ranking you require.

working