jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

url links

1. Credence2 profile image85
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

I need to link two seperate hubs as a contiuation of one article. When I try to use the url of the second article as a link on the first article to give the reader continuity, I am informed that the link is bad. What am I doing wrong?

1. simeonvisser profile image87
      simeonvisserposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The link is bad? What does it say exactly? Simly copy the URL from the address bar of your browser and insert it as a link in your other hub. You can also select your hub in the window that opens when you try to create a link in a hub.

Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simeonvisser. I tried copy and paste. I also published the site I wanted to link to and copied the url in the address and then attempted to paste in the link area for the original article, no dice. At the time I got a "bad link notice. I will try again

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think it may help to actually publish the hubs. Only then can you see if the links are accepted as being valid.

Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to you as well Mr. Examiner. I tried copy and paste. I also published the site I wanted to link to and copied the url in the address and then attempted to paste in the link area for the original article, no dice. At the time I got a "bad link notice. I will try again

3. Credence2 profile image85
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

I tried the copy and paste feature again, with no luck, are there any other reasons why this is not working?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

can you take a screen shot and post?

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you want to create textual links, you do not copy and paste the link into the text capsule. Instead, what you do is this:

- While in editing mode, type the text as you want it to appear, then highlight that;
      - Click on the chain link icon;
      - Paste in the URL for the hyperlink in the text box that appears (if linking to one of your hubs, choose the link from the drop-down menu);
      - Click save.

I checked the textual links and link capsules in your hubs, and all links appear to be working, both to hubs and external sites.

4. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

your link is OK, may be you are doing something wrong.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4337683_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4337688_f248.jpg

working