jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Page Views Not Matching Up

1. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 6 years ago

Yesterday I had around 600 page views here on Hubpages.  However when I go to my Google Adsense account it has only registered around 300.  Is there are reason why the numbers don't tally up?

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

40% of the AdSense impressions belong to HubPages. You should only be seeing 60% in AdSense.

3. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 6 years ago

So if I get 1000 page view it will only show 600?

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Yes.

5. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

There are several factors which will affect this figure, a prominant factor being the fact that a page visit does not always constitute a page view in the eyes of Google.

1. andyoz profile image87
      andyozposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ah, what does that mean?  So how does a page visit qualify as a page view?

1. thisisoli profile image55
        thisisoliposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There are a few things that affect it, including ad blockers, no cookies, and the fact that Google Adsense will not count a page view unless at least one ad fully loads.  There are apparently more factors but I have never looked in to it too deeply. It is simply too hard to change any of these factors personally, so it is not a particularly useful metric to worry about.

1. profile image0
          ssaulposted 6 years agoin reply to this

google is very keen with page visits and page preview or view. Google consider page visits which are unique visits as good impression where as page view don't really count  or has any impact or importance on you adsense account.

working