jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

How come

1. Brie Hoffman profile image80
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

I am getting viewings on an unpublished hub?  Has this ever happened to you?

1. simeonvisser profile image86
      simeonvisserposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, these are your own edits. The more you edit, the more views you'll get smile

2. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Happens all the time.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it in the 2 yrs you've been here.  It's your own views and edits.  Nothing to worry about.

3. profile image60
    priyankeshuposted 6 years ago

lol.. i thought the same and yes i think the hub is almost live

1. Abbasangel profile image78
      Abbasangelposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I also wonder if the mods can check the unpublished? But I don't know... I just know that keeping them there longer gives them a better score to go out on and me more time to ensure I didn't write down instead of done or stupid things like that and then I edit again... so its probaby just my own views...

gee my unpublished stuff is popular!! smile

1. kirstenblog profile image75
        kirstenblogposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Can I just say, your profile pic is just about the cutest I have ever seen! OMG that kitty face is just too cute!

Thanks Kirsten!! smile She is very cute!! She's so adorable!! smile I loves her!

4. Midnight Oil profile image89
    Midnight Oilposted 6 years ago

"gee my unpublished stuff is popular!!"

I think you have stumbled on the secret to being a very popular Hubber !!  wink

*giggles* Yep!! smile  Keep it unpublished!! hee hee no... I learnt the concept that I could keep things unpublished through the money grows on hubs challenge... smile And now to ensure I have it good (apart from two reactionary hubs...) I let them stew for a few days before going live and chcking a few more times and ensuring that everything is fairly neat and tidy.. smile

5. Brie Hoffman profile image80

Oh how very funny!  You know in the 2 + years that I have been here I have never waited to publish a hub.  I always just published it but this one fits the criteria for the contest so I was waiting to publish it.  Hilarious!

6. Brie Hoffman profile image80

Ok, now it's going up in ratings but isn't published...why is that?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is also a normal occurrance.  If you save hubs unpublished they will go up or down with the hub score.  They all start out at 50 and I have seen them go as high as 60 and as low as 39 before I actually published them.  I think it is tied to your average hub score and fluctuates as your hubber score does. 

I use to publish too the same day I wrote them but now the ideas for new hubs keep coming and I currently have 48 unpublished hubs waiting to be written.

7. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I've had an unpublished hub get as high as 78 before I published it.  They float all over the place.  I haven't found a rhyme or reason to it.  I have right at 30 unpublished right now.  I try to keep at least a dozen going at all times.  It ensures I'll always have something to work on when I sit down at the computer.

8. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 6 years ago

I have two unpublished that are doing rather well score wise. The reasons are simple.
    1. I need to do some more research before I can finish them.
    2. Xmas/NY.
    I hope to fix that in the next week or so.

working