jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

No More 'Z'

1. lorlie6 profile image82
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

The 'English Language Central Commission' is removing the letter 'Z' from the English Language.  The substitutes will be 'X' for words such as Zero-Xero, and 'S' for words like Analyze, which will become Analyse. 
    I don't think I like this and can't believe this can be done!

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/the-let … -alphabet/

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Lorlie always check if the message is a hoax before believing anything you read on the 'net!

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/letter-z-removal-hoax.shtml

lorlie6posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I am sufficiently embarrassed.  Thanks for putting this one to rest, WryLilt!

It's alright, I've been on the net for years and am very used to googling anything, even if it appears slightly plausible at first glance.

I'd recommend you do the same, especially with emails - I remember checking on one 'missing treen' email, to discover it was done by a guy who wanted to see how far his email would go with photos of himself. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done legally against such people.

Is there a certain site where you check veracity?  It seems that googling something wouldn't necessarily give you 'truth.'

I usually google it and if one of the first ten sites is "snopes" or "hoaxslayer" or the like, it's usually a hoax.

2. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

snopes.com is an excellent fact-checking reference source.

Thanks, MM.

working