jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon Capsules

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

I am having trouble putting the items I want to see in my Amazon Capsules. It's my 2nd month, but I have written 29 hubs and worked hard. I have put ISBN #'s in Amazon Capsules, and never once got the book I wanted listed. How do you do it?
    Also, I can't select specific items from Amazon. I have to use the "keywords" and that's very hit or miss. I recently wrote a book review on Stephen King's Full Dark, No Stars, and couldn't even get the books I wanted in the capsule. When you say copy the HTML or URL, are you talking about that 50 character number on top of the computer on the Amazon Page? Do you have to research that and have all those characters ready before you write your hub? I am signed up as an Amazon Affilate and on Google AdSense. How am I going wrong? Thanks. Jean Bakula

2. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

The url for the Stephen King book is this: http://www.amazon.com/Full-Dark-Stars-S … amp;sr=1-1

Open one page with your hub in edit mode then open a new tab or page for amazon.com. Search for the product on amazon, go to the product page, then copy the url from the bar at the top of the page (http://....). In your amazon capsule select choose specific products, then paste the url into it. Click save. The product should now show up.

smile

Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much! I'll give it a try the next time and see if I can do it! Jean B

2. Pandoras Box profile image68
      Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really? That works? Huh, never knew that. That might save a bit of time.

Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

At least I don't feel so dumb now, lol. Everyone on here is really nice about helping. I can get one book if it's one I'm reviewing. But I was unable to get a specific product. I've been writing some Astrology pieces, and wanted Necklaces or Anklets that had charms with the sign's glyph. Amazon would give me some if I asked, but they weren't of the quality I would want my readers to buy. Thanks again.

3. Neverletitgo profile image73
    Neverletitgoposted 6 years ago

Go to Amazon product link. Choose your item then highlight html. Copy, then past to your capsule, then you are good to go.

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

At Hubpages you don't highlight html - you need to highlight (copy) the url or ASIN number.

working