jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Overly promotional - did I miss something?

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Recently I've edited a couple of Hubs and both times, I've received the "overly promotional" warning, even though I can't see any reason for it.

The first time, I had one link to my Aussie belly dance site and added one other.  That's only two, so it should be OK - but I got the warning.  I checked the Hub several times and definitely didn't miss a link.

The second time, I added a RSS feed to my belly dance DVD site.  There are no links to the DVD site in the text, although there are links to other sites. 

Did I miss a rule change or is this just a bug?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Strange. Maybe it is a bug.

Most people I'd recommend to check the length or the number of outgoing links across all hubs to those sites - but I doubt that's the problem in your case.

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ah, I'd forgotten about the "same link across all Hubs" thing. 

As you know, I link to one or more of my sites on nearly all my Hubs - but I have several websites, so I can mix it up.  Maybe I've just hit some kind of threshold!

1. WryLilt profile image87
          WryLiltposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Glad I could help. I'm not sure if it's a maximum number of outgoing links to one site per account or a percentage. Would be interesting to hear what the maximum is.

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've never seen any figure mentioned.  The only thing I've read is that you can't have ALL your Hubs linking out to the same website - which doesn't apply to me, as I only link to the relevant one for that Hub.

Besides, I know a few Hubbers who sign off their Hubs with their name and main website, and they don't seem to run into trouble (or maybe they didn't in the past, but the system has been improved and now they will?)

working