jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Backing up Hubpages

1. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Backing-up-Hubp … r-computer

I'm not concerned with advertising income or even keywords - this is strictly for the benefit of Hubbers.   It's more of a "pro bono" work, but I want to make sure that it is useful and complete and easy to find.

Therefore, I'm interested in comments on general layout, usefulness of pictures and appropriate tags as well as whether the content is helpful.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I think it's fabulous. I've bookmarked it and will be taking your advice very, very soon.

3. ns1209 profile image41
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

Read this and would just like to say it is very interesting, will come back to this a few times!

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

OK, what about tags?

If you were searching here for how to backup your hubs, where would you go or what would you type in search?

5. Pandoras Box profile image68
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

How to backup hubs, or backing up hubs.

Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I have those two.  Do you think people would search for "local copy" or "copy hubs" or would that make you think of plagiarism?

1. Pandoras Box profile image68
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Eh, all I can say is neither would come to my mind.

That doesn't really say much I reckon, lol.

I'm sure you'd have thought of anything I could. Long tail terms and all.

But you know. I'd try and siphon off some of that traffic. Protect hubs with backup copy might show up when people search for protect hubs from copy cats or some such. Not a great example perhaps, but you get the idea.

If they wish to protect from the one, they ought to be interested in protecting from the other as well.

I used to save all mine when I published them, but then I got in a rush and started skipping that step. Plus you edit stuff anyway, and then the original saved copy loss relevance. I just got out of the habit.

Thanks for showing me an efficient way to get caught back up with it and back on track there.

Cause, yeh, that would be devastating!

Ayup - "protect" is good.

2. Pcunix profile image89

Yes, we do.  I had just edited half a dozen and realized I had forgotten to save them.. that's wat prompted me to write that hub!

6. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

back-up hub files

Thanks - I did not think of it with a dash!

1. Michael Willis profile image78
        Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Most may not use a dash in words online, but I do when it should be there. lol Too much grammar I guess from school.

7. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 6 years ago

Store, secure, archive.

Good ones!

working