jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do people complain, especially when they know it's useless?

1. keshab21 profile image61
    keshab21posted 5 years ago

Why do people complain, especially when they know it's useless?

2. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I guess because they want their point of view to be heard. It's a way of relieving stress.

3. Monisajda profile image72
    Monisajdaposted 5 years ago

It's just a way to get it out of your system and move on. Once you talked about it, it makes you feel better and you are recharged.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Because bottling up those feelings can be detrimental.  The bad part is that complaining can become a habit.  So I guess one should lay out the complaint, then shut the heck up.

5. joanwz profile image73
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

For some people, I think they just have a need to feel heard, to feel like somebody's listening and sympathetic to their feelings.

6. visionandfocus profile image71
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

Sheer bad habit, and ignorance as well. Complaining is often about blaming, so these people obviously have no idea that it's actually detrimental to their own well-being to harbour negative thoughts and actively indulge in them, as the law of attraction says that negativity just engenders more of the same.

7. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

* Giggles * This is SERIOUSLY a condition for some people!

And it is, seriously, a condition for people. People use complaining as a way to draw people into their feelings. It's a crazy way they get love and affection from people.

To them, this is the only way to know that people care. Others use it as a form of manipulation and control.