jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Category help!!!!

1. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years ago

Hi,

I spent about four hours this morning putting together a photo/video only presentation of South Africa. Very little text. I did the same thing for Sophia Loren. For the Sophia Loren, there was a category for photos only. I can't seem to find a category for holidays for photos/videos only.

So, do I put it under media/entertainment where the photos/video section is, or do I leave it under travel. If I leave it under travel, I will have to put a mass of text in it because I have so many videos.

smile

Thanks in advance for your input.

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 6 years agoin reply to this

yep do some computers take long to load a page with lots of pics and videos, some people may not want to wait for the page to load so they might ditch it.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not so concerned about that. I'm concerned about the categories. And most of tem are videos, so they don't take long to upload.

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
          rebekahELLEposted 6 years agoin reply to this

too many videos can definitely slow up a page from loading and loading time is used in ranking a page. Just trying to give some advice because I'm sure you want people to be able to find your hub. here's an article that may be helpful. http://www.raief.com/3241/google-consid … ng-a-site/

good luck with whatever you decide to do. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks, rebekanelle.

2. profile image0

I deleted it!!! Thanks for the article. wink

1. rebekahELLE profile image88
              rebekahELLEposted 6 years agoin reply to this

you deleted it? oh no, all that work? hmm  I hope you didn't think I was saying not to use them, as I wasn't. They can be very effective.. I don't know the number of too many, but I think there's another thread somewhere about it.

1. profile image0

Don't worry about it. I didn't want to do all the writing.al And I didn't want to fall afoul of HP. smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I would probably add some text and place it in the travel category. also, keep in mind that if it's all videos without text, search engines may not rank it very high. also, some computers run slower and won't be able to load a page with too many videos. Since you have lived there, I'm sure you can add some unique, personal perspective in your text. smile maybe a few sentences describing each video?

1. profile image0

Yes, I could do that. Takes some, though. It took me nearly five hours just to find videos that told a story! smile Back to the drawing board.

working