jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

incoming links

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

hi, I would like to check the number of incoming back links to each of my hubs, can someone recommend a way of doing this-thanks

1. ImChemist profile image59
      ImChemistposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Search for "seoquake addon "in google and install it , and you will see a lot factors on every page you visit like PR, backlinks and a lot factors !

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Go to Yahoo.com and there write this: "link:(URL of your hub)"(without quotes) in the search bar.

3. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

iwebtool.com/backlink_checker

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The tool seems broken... checked a couple of my sites and it says: Unable to retrieve backlinks at this time, please try again later.

1. skyfire profile image75
        skyfireposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I guess server is busy for no. of free requests.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
          Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Those two were the only sites I checked.

1. skyfire profile image75
            skyfireposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I noticed that. Not sure what's the issue is with that site.

For google algorithm, link count from yahoo is useless. Google webmaster shows exact links indexed by google.

1. Pcunix profile image90
              Pcunixposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's an excellent and often overlooked point.

For Google SEO, Yahoo links are meaningless. They might bring you traffic but as far as Google cares, only links it has indexed matter with regard to SERP.

4. itech profile image77
    itechposted 6 years ago

type siteexplorer in google search bar and click 'I'm feeling lucky button'.

5. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

And to see which ones are actually being used, use Google Analytics.

1. profile image52
      HotHubposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Surely all the links google knows about are being used in some way towards rankings? Analytics will show you which links are passing traffic, but keep in mind traffic is almost certainly being boosted by links that might not pass traffic directly.

Yes, certainly. But if you ARE seeing nice traffic from someone, that's good to know. You might be able to convince them that a better link description would be appropriate or that another page of yours is a good idea for another page of theirs.

A bird in the hand, you know?

1. profile image52
          HotHubposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree, knowing which links produce traffic is important and if you can tweak the link text to something more targeted then so much the better. I don't fully understand what you mean by "that another page of yours is a good idea for another page of theirs" are you suggesting a link exchange?

No, no, no.

I'm saying that, for example, if I linked from my one of my Linux pages to one of yours, you might read another page of mine and realize that you have another article that could be helpful for my page to link to.

If you mentioned link exchange, I wouldn't even read your email. But if you tell me something useful, I might just do it - especially if I had already done it once!

6. jigg2009 profile image59
    jigg2009posted 6 years ago

That's the first SEO tool that you HAVE TO GET. Use Firefox and get an addon SEOQuake. It has many options but the main is you'll get a sidebar with Yahoo link count.
    It can be implemented in 2 minutes so don't bother with some on site check etc. Save time that's the most important thing with SEO.

7. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

If you have the SEO for Firefox addon, use SEO XRay. Just go to the FF toolbar and choose Tools > SEO for Firefox > SEO XRay

8. thisisoli profile image75
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Yahoo backlink checker never seems to represent anything that correlates to SEO results. I suggest using the free version of SEOMoz Open Site Explorer to take a look a tthe kind of valid backlinks you are collecting.  You can registere for free to get a larger amount of information.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years agoin reply to this

thanks for that will do.

working