jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Strange email-can you help me?

1. lorlie6 profile image81
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I received this lovely thing in my Hotmail inbox this morning and thought I'd ask Hubbers WTF is this?
    I haven't done anything yet, and wonder if I should.  Is ignoring it-deleting it-the answer?  Should I report it somehow?  I have absolutely no idea who these people are.

Hey you! A friend showed me your pics and I think youre really attractive
    My MSN Names madison21walt@hotmail.com just send me a msg on there and ill share some of mine
    And maybe we could hang out sometime im super bored by moving here
    Im off work all week so just talk to me on there ill be online
    Thanks, madison

> End of Message
    > Quite dead.
    > the narcotic sleep. It was with a feeling of personal pride that I could

This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. As required by federal and state laws, you need to hold this information as privileged and confidential. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments.

JOHNATHAN HARKER'S JOURNAL

lorlie6posted 6 years agoin reply to this

While I was posting here, I got another one:
      Attachments, pictures and links in this message have been blocked for your safety.
      Show content | Always show content from princess_1163@hotmail.com
      I pulled in $457 in a day doing a little work! I used - Career Trends!!! friends help friends

2. lorlie6 profile image81
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Gotta bump this! smile

3. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

That spam advertising is getting crazy huh !   You used to be able to recognise them straight awaay becasue they came from a Prince in Nigeris - but these days ! !

The one bugging me comes through emails looking like from a named person I mightk now are - "Hey - I just bought my new ----  "  This started within a few weeks of joining Hubpages and I suspect that soemeone on here is collecting emails through contact via hubpages which I have unguardedly replied to from my own mail address.

Yep, I used to get those, too, china man.  Do you have any suggestions?

1. profile image0
        china manposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well - I am 50% convinced they originate from a hubber who emailed me - so it would theoretically be possible for a number of people getting these mails to compare their list of those they responsed to using their own mail address ?

So essentially these are spam sent by another hubber?  That's disappointing.  I was pretty sure of whomever I chose to communicate with.
          As you can probably tell, I'm not very savvy when it comes to computers.

4. profile image0
    china manposted 6 years ago

and I now just delete them as they appear.

Along with the fictitious wanna be your friends that MSN is generating to try to pump up their failed social site

working