jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

flag the profile

1. Mousumi Paul profile image58
    Mousumi Paulposted 6 years ago

What does "flag the profile" means??Can anyone intentionally flag the profiles of unknown or known hubbers?If yes, is there any authentication procedure?

1. dwaynehood profile image58
      dwaynehoodposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it vote down some one .it has not require authentication process and any one can do this.

2. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I have flagged your profile so that someone on the HP team can investigate further, and I urge others to do so as well. I'm not fond of having content thieves on HP. I just checked several of your hubs and the ones I looked at were all stolen from other sites. I have flagged each one individually and sent the URL where  you stole the content from up to the HP team.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

"Flag" simply means to alert the moderators to a possible violation. Oftentimes, this occurs when people do Hubhopping, then come across substandard or spammy hubs. If I come across a serial forum spammer, I'd head over and flag the profile rather than flagging every spammy post.

3. Mousumi Paul profile image58
    Mousumi Paulposted 6 years ago

Thanks

4. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I Couldn't Help But Notice That Your Profile Has Been Flagged!! yikes

It might pay you to remove the flag pole at the top right hand corner of your site C-Panel, so that malicious flaggers do Not Target You in this way!  hmm

1. Rosie2010 profile image76
      Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've never thought of a profile being flagged.  I looked in my profile and I don't understand how you can remove the flag pole at the top right hand corner.  How do you do this?  I just looked at Mousumi's profile and it doesn't say that the profile had been flagged.

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pearldiver was making a joke, my friend. Of course, you cannot see that a profile has been flagged.

oh

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry, Pearldiver does that to people all the time; he calls it his "Kiwi accent." Few are those who understand it. Actually, it is a baiting tactic, which works well in the coral reefs.

thanks so much, I felt silly I fell for it. lol

1. Pearldiver profile image88
                Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So You Should Too! big_smile

I mean... You don't even appear to be blond smile

1. To Start Again profile image85
                  To Start Againposted 6 years ago in reply to this

now now Pearl, you can't go upsetting the blonds wink

5. WoodsmensPost profile image55
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

This just came across my feed but I am on my iPhone and unable to flag . Will someone do the honors please we can't have this kind on promotion in HP
    Thanks in advance

<snipped link - Hub moderated>

6. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

WoodsmensPost, I have flagged your forum post with a note, essentially doing as you have requested.

working