jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Where do you get Amazon review links?

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I've seen some websites, including some made by hubbers here, that display something I can't find.

They write about a product from Amazon and then have a neat comparison or review section for it. You can see a poll-type graph for each compared product.

They are obviously tools from Amazon made so you can show comparisons of the same type of products or best reviews.

Anyone know where you find those types of Amazon tools? hmm

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Never mind, I took a peek at the source code on one and found it. If anyone has a WP site and wants to use a neat Amazon plugin, check this out:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-amazon-ads/

2. Dale Nelson profile image29
    Dale Nelsonposted 6 years ago

Hi Bill,

I recall that you can also use the "link to this page" icon in you associates page once you decide on which review to use.

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Dale. Yes I use that way myself right now. But with this plugin it pulls up a nice, tidy list of related products with a neat compare graph.

You can't do that with the "link to this page" function. Not without a lot of extra customization anyway.

The way you mention does however create the best SEO. I even host the keyword named image myself and replace the default image in the code. smile

3. Bill Manning profile image71

Hmmm, I added it but can't figure out the instructions:

1) You can also get the listings by placing the following code in your template file for your single post. Usually called single.php. Place it inside the loop. I like to place it right after the_content tag.

<?php if(function_exists('wp_amazon_ads')) {wp_amazon_ads($post->ID);}?>

* After you edit your template file then all you have to do is add a custom field to the post called amazon_search. Set the value for what you are searching for.

ex:
    Name: amazon_search
    Value: ipod

3) View the post and you should see the listing show up.

4) Go to the “WP Amazon Ads” admin panel under the Settings dropdown, and modify what you would like.

I have no idea what the custom field looks like. Anyone? hmm

4. Bill Manning profile image71

Once again never mind, I figured it out. You use the custom field forms in your post editor. tongue tongue tongue

Nothing to see here folks, move along,,,,, big_smile

5. Bill Manning profile image71

Uh, one more thing to add here. If your using the Genesis framework and child themes, it is much more difficult to make the code work.

You have to customize a code in the theme functions page. I got someone on the studio press forum to help me, so if you want this plugin to work on a Genesis theme let me know.

Ok NOW there is nothing to see here, move along,,,,  tongue

working