How do I delete my Hubpages account completely ?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

It will soon be time for china man to disappear, for commercial reasons mostly. So I go to my account and cannot find the DESTRUCT button - anyone help with this so I don't have to wake anyone up in the cockpit ?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

commercial reasons?...hey man "china man" is brand on hub pages...why do you want to get rid of it?

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It will be the wrong brand   Like wearing Levi's to a cocktail party !   big_smile

lol

2. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Send an email to team@hubpages.com requesting for an entire account deletion.

1. profile image0

Yeah - I was afraid that might be the case, and the begging me to stay, the tears and inducements -  too hard to bear but I will brace myself china manfully !

1. darkside profile image63
          darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You send them an email from the address that is associated to your account there's no response. They just delete it.

1. profile image0

I know - I was making a little joke.  I appreciate your info and your contribution to my understandng of networld, along with the other extremely helpful hubbers. Thanks.

3. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awwww.... i'll miss you.... NOT! LOL

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rude.
        Predictable.

@china man: I'm with others. Keep this account and open another and go from there. Seems like a winning idea to me.

2. skyfire profile image80
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you ever hit that delete-account button brenda, i'm gonna miss you for sure. I'm damn serious.  wink

1. profile image0

Thaks for that - I will miss many people on here including you - but that button has gotta be hit before the end of my tomorrow.  I didn't want to just disappear without saying goodbye smile

1. skyfire profile image80

I insist on that alternate account idea. If not that then do come back when you get a chance. sad

1. profile image0

I will come back in a different guise later, when things are set up and running smoothly  - I expect you will still be here fighting the good fight.  I'll be back - or did someone else say that first big_smile

4. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hit delete lol

2. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Keep the account.

Remove the hubs and turn your profile blank.

1. profile image0

Trouble with this is the lnks and connections remain.  china man started for me to get to understand backlinking and get an idea of SEO - and now I need to do it for real - no fun or honesty, just commerce sad

1. skyfire profile image80

I can understand that you're trying to eliminate the social voice behind the account and want to spend time on commercial stuff. If this is the only reason then don't delete this account. Keep it and don't use it for backlinks,use it just for interaction.

Open another account and use that for serious stuff. Don't use it on forums.

i second skyfire's suggestion...keep this account and open new one for commercials...

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Yeah Right!!!
    You Are Banned Anyway! big_smile

Sheesh lucky I didn't catch that flight to CN yesterday hmm

1. profile image0

You would be ok - this place is only dangerous for mis-conceptions I see them exploding everywhere daily, or imploding in some cases  big_smile

1. megs11237 profile image60
        megs11237posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I would surely hate to see a voice of reason leave. : o (

I hope you consider the other account thingamabob and keep this one for fun forums and such, like Reading. smile

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

140 people believe in you, you want to throw it away?
    China man, you are not thinking!

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

He lives in China…

We all know how free people are there…

His motivation might very well be fear.

He may be right and have no other choice.

A note to china man:

If this is indeed the case, be sure to include in your request that HP delete all forum posts. If memory/observation  serves me correctly, I’ve noticed that HP doesn’t seem to automatically do that when deleting accounts.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did not realise that. If that's the case I take my words back.

2. profile image0

I am free to say what I like - even in the classroom.  The only thing I cannot do is to spread the desease of religion by proselytising - which is ok by me and gets my full support.

You are out way of date with your pre-conceptions.

But thank you for your concern.

My reasons are simply that the persona does not fit my new activities and I don't want links made between the two - so safest to teleport this one out of here.

Business and honesty are uneasy bedfellows. big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...so...does this mean you won't post anymore!?....can't be all biz - can it?

...hey...found a new piece of paradise today for the time being....

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...bump...forget the other topics wuldya?

1. profile image0

Sorry  SOH  - Yes it means china man will go completely, hubs and posts.

Got any pics of your next piece of heaven ?

...that's it?  WTF...i'll be back to show you the neighbours!....just a sec...

7. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

What links can be publicly made between the two? I mean, without you wanting them? Frankly, I don't know, I'm kinda with the others here on this one. Yes, I know I copped out, but that was partly cuz I knew there were people like you out there doing a much better job at it than I could.

Are you sure you're not gonna want to hold this account name in reserve? If you're busting free of the rel and pol commentary, you'd better install Edweirdo's forums filter, cause otherwise your other ID may get just as bogged down.

I don't like it. I'll miss you. But then we all need balance in our lives, and it is rather like banging your head against a brick wall. Good luck with the commercial pursuits. It's kind of nice to just mind your own business and let the world of whackos go on more or less without you.

I hope we'll still see you in the less rancid areas of the forums under your other ID. I'll miss China Man though.

1. profile image0

I thought you were doing a rather good job myself and missed your witty and well thought out stuff.  But it is never ending and getting boring with the same old lies coming back with every new liar and the bleating of the cute, but misguided, sheeple.

I think links can and would be made between the two and anyway why take the risk, business is business and the buyers are all colours, shapes and denominations and I wouldn't want to loase any of them just over an issue of honesty and decency now would I big_smile

8. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

this guy greeted me.....

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4540638_f248.jpg

and then the rest of the family...i carry my camera with me most times...call me a nerd, I know....

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4540643_f248.jpg

...this is temporary paradise for about a year...the future paradise needs more work...got pics of that too...down by the water...

1. profile image0

Like this - is it near a fishing stream or lake ?  I could be tempted to pop over for a visit and leave you to chat with Sukie for a week while I go off fishing smile

yup...this one is close to a lake...but the future is on the lake (in about a year I figure)...and a nice lake with lots of fish....yea, that'd be nice.....that'd be cool actually CM!

1. profile image0

We plan a bit of travel outside China next.  If things stay financially the same we will be limited to the fantastic places we can get to easily from here, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Burma (Myanmar),across to Thailand and maybe up to Singapore and even as far as Indonesia or the Phillipines.  If the money starts rolling in better then further afield, maybe show Sukie the UK, visit the US and a few other places that would take us right around the world westward until we arrived back here from the east !

...okay...by the time I'm on the lake...the $'s could change for you....west coast of Canada could be a pit stop, especially if yor passing through the US...a free place to stay.....i should show you the lake....have you been to Canada?    big_smile

1. profile image0

Nope - nor the US in fact - I did spend a couple of months cruising up and down the west coast in a submarine (spying), and we did land in Nassau for a week or so and some other off the map places.

I love outdoor wilderness stuff - but not so sure Sukie would appreciate wasting time just looking at mountains and valleys instead of shopping !

...ha ha ha...she's a city girl!....i'll take her shopping if yor up for it......we'd have to swim tho! j/k...on an island (you probably passed it in yor yellow submarine days........too bad...show Sukie some other stuff...rather than the shops and more shops...you can shop anywhere....tell her I say 'wtf?'............................i used to be a city gurrrrl....now I walk in both...i luv it........

....looks like we're hijacking yor thread btw.....

1. profile image0

That is ok - what they gonna do - ban me big_smile

9. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

Your deleting your account?  Don't get me wrong, I understand completely why you want to, but I have to agree with everyone else that said it might be better if you open up another account to do all the serious writing you want to do, while keeping this one up. Besides, why would you want to hurt your adsense revenue stream on the hubs that you already have?  However, if this is something that you feel you have to do, then I wish you the best of luck, and hopefully it works out for you.

1. profile image0

Thanks for that - but revenue is hardly a stream that can be taken seriously into account in my case big_smile

10. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I don't understand why you feel the need to delete your account - but, you realize your Username can't be reused, right?  You already have a second account, so why not a third?  You're in control of the links between them, and the content each contains (outside ads) so...idk, I'm not one to try and talk anyone into doing something they don't want to do, but, I guess, I just don't understand why you feel the need.  (I'm not asking you to explain, I'm just rambling, lol, Gonna miss you!)

1. profile image0

In net world everything can be linked, and anything China attracts mindless morons.  But thanks for the kind words.

The forums have been an interesting ride but ultimately pointless I would say.  Except in the virtual friends we make along the way.

1. knolyourself profile image60
        knolyourselfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I quit for two years. Not for the same reasons. Probably cause I learned all I could for the time. So been back a week. Must say really great people here. Hey its no fun arguing with yourself. Now me I like to talk to everybody.
        Course everybody cannot talk to me. But Whose got
        time anyway. What is it a perfect world? And I hardly knew you.

1. profile image0

Yes - I agree that there are really great people here - I would say it is the best place to get a grounding in online stuff  - by far.  Especially the exceedingly helpful advice on all things online from those I am not going to name because they even fight over the info they give and I might miss one out by accident big_smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
            Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rofl. So true.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not pointless. But with that said, it's also a very thankless, tiresome, unrewarding, time-consuming, frustrating pursuit that leaves you spending alot of time with ugly people, earns you alot of enemies, and just pretty much alienates everybody else.

When I was full of questions and confusion, it was people like you in internet forums who provided the answers, or at least pointed me in the right directions, and often without me ever asking or taking the time to really thank them. It's not pointless. I shudder to think of what my life would have been like if people like you hadn't been there. Good gods almighty, I never would have made it. For any man who believes in it and has within him a decent heart will surely go insane. (Loose quote, Robert Ingersoll.) 

But there are other people better suited to the task, in my case, at this time. For everything there is a season. This is not my season for banging my head against brick walls. Maybe it's not your's either anymore, and I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for that.

I'm not sure deletion is necessary, but I sure do reckon you know what's best for you. Are you on my facebook? I've recently started adding hubbers willy-nilly. Or say you will be around in the less angry forums still, and that the ID is the one I know -AP.

If that's the case and you'll still be around, then I'm with you. Let's just all earn some money here. It's much more tangibly rewarding. Let the crazy religious people keep their hell, if they want it so much. You and I my friend have lives to live.

(I just raised my wine glass at the computer screen, toasted your imminent success and life-long happiness, and drained the cup.)

1. profile image0

Cheers to you PB  !!  thanks for the words, not sure I deserve them but hey !  I can't get Facebook here because all you rude people put rude pictures in there (amongst other stuff) and so China blocks it - LOL

I routinely dlete a few Facebook inviations every day so I may have refused you.  With my new stuff I need to be able to extend into Facebook, and other info stuff blocked by China, and so will buy a proxy to do that through.  Maybe I will catch up with you then.  Bye and thanks for being here.

11. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

China Man, you'll be sorely missed here! I do, however, wish you much success in your future endeavors! BTW, you can just "will" all your hubs to me. LOL!!!

1. profile image0

I already owe you one still, maybe I can pass across a hot potato ? big_smile

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ooooo...that sounds intriguing!

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Scaredie cat!  lol  What a wuss you are CM!  Let me guess, your wife told you to quit hanging around with us.  But we understand.  You're too good to hang around us ole dirt farmers and school teachers.

I hope you feel good about yourself, being so whupped and all.  But we understand.  We really do!  I am depressed. sad

1. profile image0

I know - you are right, I am ruled by a beautiful woman half my age and half my size, a very beautiful woman . . .   big_smile

And nobody could be scared of anyone with such a deplorable fishing record, any of you ! 

Commercial concerns rule I am afraid, 'she' insists that we get married within two years and I need to come out of my comfortable lazy existence and earn some real dosh again.  Done it twice before so no big deal doing it again smile

Been nice sparring with you, even though you are soooooo easy big_smile

Keep happy

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dream on, brother! lol  Live long and prostitute!

12. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Keep in touch mate... I'll come see you sometime - we have a free trade agreement!  Maybe you should look at distributing Marmite toast spread to all the Kiwis there? hmm

Send you my mail address
    Take Care.

1. profile image0

You would be more than welcome if you come visit - but I have to tell you that all the Kiwi's I know have plenty of that disgusting black gloop big_smile

13. Dale Nelson profile image37
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Sad to see another hubber throw in the towel.

A sure fire way to get your account closed would be to spam the forums with affiliate links.

Otherwise Im sure a mail to Maddie would be the solution.

All the best with your endeavors.

1. profile image0

big_smile  thanks.

I never thought of that though - a departing spam-attack big_smile

14. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Bye everyone - it has been a pleasure getting to know you all - thanks for the htech help all those who know who they are, and thanks for sheeple who make us ordinary folks look so bright, and thanks for the intelligent and witty posts form others -  and fight fair while I am gone !

. . .  . . . end of transmission . . .

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bye-bye, china man, when you'll  miss us, come back.
      We are all here, good,bad,ugly and ...silent ones.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)