jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Disparity between Google Adsense and HubPages re: page views

1. leigia67 profile image84
    leigia67posted 6 years ago

I can't beleive I never bothered to check this before - I've been on here a year - but I just realized that Google Adsense shows HALF the page view number that HubPages shows. Is there an explanation for that?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

There is, fortunately. You get 60% of the page impressions, HubPages gets 40%. Only your share is reported to your AdSense account.

1. leigia67 profile image84
      leigia67posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ahhh. I knew that I got 60% of the income but I didn't realize it was reported that way. Thanks a bunch!

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't get 60% of the income.  You get 100% of what is earned by your 60% impression share.

3. sheerplan profile image58
    sheerplanposted 6 years ago

I was about to post the same question when I saw yours here liegia67.  But my adsense page views are showing only 32% of the page views that are listed on my account page. I am new to this so I may just be doing something wrong.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

All I can tell you is that some of the most tech savvy Hubbers have tested and re-tested, and they have reported back that the 60-40 split of pageviews is being honored by HubPages.

You know, there are time delays of reporting between HubPages and AdSense.

1. sheerplan profile image58
        sheerplanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't ever make the claim of being tech savvy (far from it).  Most likely it is just a mistake in tracking on my part, but it was enough to make me curious.

4. kevinwang128 profile image60
    kevinwang128posted 6 years ago

if you are really savvy enough, just start your own adsense blog smile

5. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Users with script blocker(ad-block plus, stopthis) are likely to view your hubs so they're recorded under analytics and hubstats but not in count to adsense views.

Your analytics code is shown to 60% traffic and from which some users are likely to block ads so you get less impressions on adsense.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the HubPages stats shows pageviews, AdSense uses page impressions. Pageviews are even generated during editing and previewing one's hubs, that does not generate any impressions either.

1. sheerplan profile image58
        sheerplanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now it makes sense to me, thanks guys smile

6. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 6 years ago

This is something that always boggles me.  When I managed over 4000 page views in a day my google adsense was only showing around 1200 page views.  I gave up worring about it, all I know is that when I get more page views here, I get more over there, even if the figures are no where near what I would expect them to be at 60%.

working