jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Over promotional?!

1. MissE profile image81
    MissEposted 6 years ago

HELP!  One of my hubs was flagged for being overly promotional.  I've been trying to delete links like crazy and it won't go away!

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You're probably going to have to submit the Hub to admin for review to get the Hub republished.

1. MissE profile image81
      MissEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It hasn't been taken down yet.  I need to fix it so it wont be.  I gets over 1000 visits a day!  sad

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

If you've been flagged, then you need to reduce the number of links out-going to one domain to two links. The rules regarding over promotional is that you cannot have more than 2 links to any specific domain.

You can have two links to one domain, then have 2 more links to another domain, but you cannot have 4 links to the same domain.

I hope that helps. smile

1. MissE profile image81

Do you think it matters if the links are in the comments?  People put links in the comments all the time and because I have over 1,000 on that article I have no idea if they have been repeated?  Thanks for trying to help.  I would be sad if it got deleted!!!

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you should email Team@Hubpages.com and ask them that specifically.

I know links outgoing from hubs cannot be more than two. I don't know if comments with links to more than one domain would cause problems.

I don't think they have an effect, because you didn't put them there and the links are inbound to your hub, not outbound. At least to me, that's my understanding.

I also know, you cannot use a "Link" capsule or "RSS" capsule linked to the same domain either, if you already have two links outbound.

Again, I hope I helped. smile

1. MissE profile image81

Thanks!  You have helped! big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. I'm glad I could. smile big_smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
        rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

do you want all of those outgoing links in your comments?

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Outbound links in comments are no-follow, and it is my understanding they do not count towards "overly promotional."

As a general remark, there is more to the overly promotional issue than excessive outbound links. Hubs with duplicate content can have no promotional links at all, landing page-style hubs are not acceptable etc.

5. Wendy Krick profile image49
    Wendy Krickposted 6 years ago

I could be wrong, but I think it only depends on the actual content of your hub and not the comments.

6. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Remember that links in your photo captions count as well.

working