jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

"Overly Promotional"

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

I understand that too many outbound links can mark a hub as 'overly promotional."

I am wondering if there is a work-around, since I am considering a hub about various resources that people might be looking for, and that would mean that the entire article would consist primarily of outbound links, with some text as a brief description of each site.

1. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have a hub like this and it isn't a problem.  I think it depends on how you do it.  If there are links to your own websites throughout, or if it's affiliate links only etc then yes, it would be viewed as overly promotional.  Mine was 101 free tools for freelancers - and it had links and descriptions and 100 outbound links and was never marked overly promotional.  Despite its great feedback though it is one of my lowest scoring hubs - in the 70's where most of my hubs are much higher.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No, that's not correct.   More than two outbound links to the same website will make a Hub as "overly promotional".    You could have a hundred links in a Hub, each to a different site, and it wouldn't be classed as overly promotional.

What could happen is that your Hub won't pass QAP because of lack of original content, if all you're doing is providing a list of links with very little commentary.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I see, well, the links would be to all different sites.  I would, however, attempt to put at least a paragraph for each...

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You should be OK then.

3. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yup, as ChristinS and Marisa have already stated (I'm late to the party), this should be fine. If you want, you can always send us a link to the Hub so we can check it out before you publish.

1. profile image0
        Bronwyn Hansenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am working on a Hub about various products/resources for a mainstream (legit) interest.
        Do screen captures of the software/sites mentioned in the Hub meet the TOS for images, as I cannot find clarification.
        It would be along the same lines as the OP.

Thanks in advance smile

1. Camille Harris profile image
          Camille Harrisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Bronwyn, that sounds fine as well. Feel free to email us the link if you'd like!

1. profile image0
            Bronwyn Hansenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Camille big_smile

working