jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Instead of the Guessing Games...

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
    Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago

When a hub is unpublished by HP for conflicting with the terms of service, could HP staff not tell us what the problem actually IS, as and when they make the decision to unpublish it.  Rather than wasting all of our time, by giving us a list of ten things that it 'might/could' be.

It's very difficult to resolve a problem, when the cause of the problem is left as vague as it is. hmm

1. Jeff Berndt profile image86
      Jeff Berndtposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So you're asking for HP to say something like, "This hub was unpublished for violating Rule 15: no excessive use of the word extra. Please delete the word extra where possible before republishing."

I think that seems reasonable, and it would be a lot easier than trying to figure it out from a blanket "terms of service" violation, especially since if you published it, clearly you didn't realize it violated any rules, right?

The question is, how much of a pain in the patootie is it going to be to implement the suggestion, and will it create more problems than it resolves. If it's an expensive fix for a problem relatively few of us have, it might take a while to get around to it.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
        Mrvoodooposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So you're asking for HP to say something like, "This hub was unpublished for violating Rule 15: no excessive use of the word extra. Please delete the word extra where possible before republishing."

^ Essentially this, yes.  As we've all been led to believe that hubs are never unpublished automatically.  But only after they've received human moderation.  The moderator must know exactly why it was unsuitable.  So instead of tagging it with a blanket message/warning (i.e. it might be the pic/links/content, etc. etc.) which is of no use what-so-ever.  They actually tell us what the problem IS.  Saving on multiple back-and-forth e-mail exchanges that waste all of our time.

2. Madurai profile image58
    Maduraiposted 6 years ago

Mr.voodoo..
    I think that Hubpages is providing a chance to read the terms and conditions about publishing Hub here once again..

so that we can clear the mistake what we did while publishing the hub..

working