How to get big traffic to your Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Martyv25posted 13 years ago

I have been on Hubpages two months now and to be honest I don't think I'm doing to bad considering i did not have a clue about writing before I came here.

I have recently published my 37th Hub and was wondering how do people bring in such big traffic to their hubs in a short space of time?

I use backlinks with Stumbleupon, Reddit, Redgage, Shetoldme, Digg, Twitter and Facebook, my hubs in total have been viewed nearly 2,000 times with a copule of them getting over the 100 mark.

Can anyone give me some tips on getting bigger traffic?

1. J Sunhawk profile image68
      J Sunhawkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been contemplating exactly that question this past week, so I did high traffic keyword research and have decided to put together a hub on tight abs, big boobs, (Oops. Can I say that?) dating and BMWs.

So far it's not reading well because the big (censored) clash with the tight abs on a BMW date. (Don't ask.) Adding in a pancake recipe served on an iPad might pull it over the top. I don't know. But there's no app. Celebrity stuff is in demand, says Google.  Maybe a video of Lady Gaga vs Bill Clinton in a death cage match in the backseat could add interest, but I haven't figured out how to tie that in yet.

If I patch it all together into something remotely logical, I'll run it through extreme hub makeover, which it will desperately need.

You can use any of the ideas above except the Lady Gaga death match and pancake recipe.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
        Martyv25posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is 7am I am at work just about to leave for Lancashire, laughing my head off. That has got to be the funniest forum reply ever, thank you.

3. Brie Hoffman profile image58
        Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny stuff!  You might have something there...just the forum post was worth reading I can only imagine what a hub might be like!

4. CalRed profile image60
        CalRedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is a mankind, without idea. big_smile

2. bfeaver profile image59
      bfeaverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you explain specifically how to establish a backlink?

3. smcopywrite profile image60
      smcopywriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

this hub has wonderful information on promoting hubs on hub pages and other sources
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Another-Hub-for … h-HubPages

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

I would suggest you read through the Learning Center for other helpful information.

I would also suggest you utilize the Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread, by posting a couple of links to your hubs, so that other more experienced Hubbers can check out your format/layout and keywords usage.

The critiques offered by the more experienced hubbers is a valuable tool. wink

Just my thoughts that could help. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks for the reply and advice Cagsil, will get myself over to the learning center I think, maybe tomorrow though its pretty late her in England.

I have used the Extreme Hub Makeover that was a great hep WebsiteExaminer gave me some great advice, and the thread pushed me to take up the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, I'm right in the middle of that now.

Thanks again.

1. Mikeydoes profile image42
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Stay positive and active, you will not regret it. This is the same attitude I came with, and its great to see several others with the same mentality.

I was just at 2 months 3 months ago, I thought I had a good idea what I was doing.. WRONG! its 5 months now, and I am really starting to get a grip on things. Like I said in the other post, Hubpages has made such a believer out of me, that I feel I will be doing this for the rest of life, rather than a stinky job!

2. Mikeydoes profile image42

Congrats on the 1000 followers. Not to mention in your return to HP, you already have more posts than me! Good to see you again.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. smile big_smile

3. Mikeydoes profile image42
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

You have to find popular topics and you have to make some great hubs to go along with it.

The best way to get a lot of views is to find anything relatively new(tv show, item, anything), and have every bit of info on your hub that the reader would need. This will do you no good though, not if you don't find great keywords. One great keyword can produce more views than your 2000 in a day. And you yourself could do that tomorrow. Anyone can.

Also, backlinking, if done right is fantastic. Sadly, I have yet to come close to perfect it. If you have 2000 views in 2 months and want to expand.

Backlinking has not helped my hubs much at all, but I can't say I have backlinked much.

I have big plans in the future for Hubpages.

1. profile image0

Hey thanks for the reply and advice I have just started to get an understanding of key words and have worked on that with my last few Hubs, so hopefully I might see some better results.

I think we could all do with more time on our hands to get all the backlinking done.

1. Mikeydoes profile image42

I would not worry at all about backlinking if you don't have proper keywords.

If your keywords aren't as good as they could be, it puts you way behind.

Can I suggest that you solely work on a wide variety of hubs, and not worry about backlinking, at least for now. You do not need backlinks to get to the top of every search engine.

I made a huge variety and found what worked and what didn't. If your keywords are sub-par in your other hubs, I would spend a day revising them, and adding keywords into your pages.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, I'd recommend it.

1. profile image0

Thanks again Mikeydoes, the next thing on my list is to go through all of my old hubs and rework them. Thanks again for the great advice.

4. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 13 years ago

work... lotsa work... time and dedication smile

5. KevinStyles profile image60
    KevinStylesposted 13 years ago

Always compose a title to match a search term, while including that search term a couple of times in your hub. If you look up the search term and discover the top 10 sites are less then pr 6, there is a good chance your hub will rank on either page 1 or page 2 on google. Without building back links at all. ;-)

6. profile image52
    couchabit.composted 12 years ago

well i have had a couple of posts up and have only gotten like 30 views in total help me

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seriously?  You have one hub and the topic is 'how to get traffic to a website'--and you are begging for help in getting traffic to that hub?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)