Unnaproved Adsense account Why! Why!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (64 posts)
  1. Aiden Roberts profile image68
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

I got the shock of my life when I received an email saying my adsense account had not been approved?

I have been on Hubpages for 8 months, had an adsense ID for 8 months and am due my first payout next month. The only thing I think I could have done wrong is add some new blogs recently and put ads on them before they were fully up and running.

adsense say "my site is difficult to navigate" but doesn't specify which site.

They say fix the problem and resubmit, can't resubmit because the link they give says login linked to unnapproved account, can't find appeal form anywhere and I am really fed up.

Anybody know where I can find the appeal form, I promise I have really looked everywhere before asking.

Thanks in Advance

Aiden

1. tritrain profile image70
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you have another site use it instead.

Create a Blogger blog and start writing posts.  It is a Google site and you may have an easier time getting approved.  Wait a month or so to reapply.

Ebay, Google, Amazon all seem to be much more picky than before.

Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks tritrain

I have blooger sites that have been there a while, ads have been running on them and getting clicks, in fact everything has been going fine until they have decided my site is difficult to navigate. I can only assume they are talking about new blogs I started this week.

It will be a shame if i lose my account and money because of it!

I suppose my next question is are unnaproved accounts different to declined accounts, it doesn't say it is closed just unnapproved.

It is not easy communicating with Google so I am at a loss.

Can I open another account and start again? If so; how?

I guess if I can do this I can simply use adsense on Hubpages, oh so many questions I need a stiff drink and I am coffee total.

Sorry I known I am manic!

The wording is " Account not active"

An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application.

Shame the link doesn't work it simply takes you back to this message.

Sorry folks just very frustrated

2. ThomasE profile image68
            ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, don't do that.

Have you checked your spam folder?

Just looked nothing in there?

1. ThomasE profile image68

Can you go to your account setting page in hubpages, and look to see what the affiliate settings say?

Says disabled by Google for TOS violation?

Turn off the adds in your new website.

Then go to http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en and ask for help.

I haven't actually personally seen that problem, but, I would suggest not panicking... calm... ask for help in that forum, and take a little break out.

DON'T apply for another account.

They will have all the info you need to appeal this, but I don't think it is a terminal violation, once fixed they will reconsider.

2. tritrain profile image70
                    tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did they specify what the TOS violation was about?

That would certainly explain why they are refusing you.

2. speedbird profile image60
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Check out your other sites for broken links or navigational problems. Otherwise I don't think the problem is here on hubpages

2. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Aiden if the issue has arisen after you started your blogs - turn off the ads on them. It's at least a start. You must have been alright up to press and it's better than doing nothing. If they are the problem you can turn the ads back on once you have traffic finding them.

Also check to see if you verified your account way back when you first applied. Plenty of people forget this part of the Adsense affiliate set up.

Go visit the forum too - when I've had an issue before and used it I've always had a reply pretty quickly that's helped.

Thanks frogdropping

I have removed ads of all the blogs even existing ones that have been there a while, I went on the adsense forum and it would seem lot's have the problem but for click fraud or inapropriate material.

The main issue is telling adsense to look again as up until today everything seemed to be fine.

Thanks for your advice I do appreciate it.

Does anyone know where I can find a link to appeal, even on the adsense forums I can't find it? It is driving me mad.

Have you tried clicking the link in a different browser? Sometimes mozilla has problems with googles site.

will try that now thanks.

no just keeps taking to same page, i have left message in forum so hopefully someone will have an idea what I have done?

Thanks again

Drat. My guess is that adsense may send you another email soon, but at the moment I would hold tight, the adsense forum probably is the best place to ask for help... but it does take quite a while sometimes to get a response on there.

3. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Gosh, I don't know what you did (or didn't do), but I hadn't heard of this happening in quite some time. It used to be that they would do a mini-review of AdSense folks' stuff just before first payout, and would then decide if they could keep the account or not. The payout must have been the trigger. But seriously -- I haven't heard anything like this in a long time.

Thanks Irohner

I hope it is something I have done and can be rectified.

I guess I will just have to wait or at least find a way to contact Google to say I have disabled ads on blogger so the only ads are on Hubpages, please review it again.

Failing that I will just have to work without adsense.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I guess I'm confused by your description of the situation. You begin by saying your "adsense account had not be approved."

But, if I understand your explanation, you were approved for an account. Have had it for 8 months and were just expecting to be paid. Then you received an email from Google Adsense telling you that your account has been closed because of a TOS violation.

So it sounds like you've already lost your account and that's why you can't login.

Before you appeal, clean up all of your sites. Have someone with a knowledge of the Adsense TOS review them if possible. But usually a closed adsense account isn't reopened. And don't bother with trying under another email address. They will find you and toss you again - and you're effort will be wasted.

But remember there are many many ways to make money online and this is not the end of the world. If you have other websites give things like Chitika a try. Look at other affiliate programs. Good Luck.

Thanks Nelle

I am a bit confused myself to be honest.

I posted on the adsense forums and received a reply asking had I changed anything, the lady said it was a dissapproval message not a disabled message, she asked did I apply for a new account?

The only thing I did was add a couple of new blogs on blogger and monetised them before they were finished, I also took a gmail address which automatically became my primary email on Google, now when I log in I get this message:

Account Not Active
      An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application.
      Return to AdSense home.

I am really confused about it all, I should have recieved my first payment next month sad

I have just read this message again and it looks like the new gmail might be the problem, the only thing is I am unable to log into google with old email as gmail has made itself my primary email, if any of that makes sense.

It looks like my existing adsense account is in limbo somewhere?

This is really cracking me up.

5. profile image0

Did you assign two different email addresses to the same publisher id?

I could have done, sorry to be vague.
      The account was set up in my normal email address, I then opened a gmail account whilst I was logged in to google and it made the gmail the primary email on the account. I can now log into google with both email address, but neither work on adsense.

I didn't make any changes to adsense unless by trying to monetise a blog on blogger whilst logged in on gmail adress this has caused the problem as publisher address was already there.

I am not explaining myself very well am I?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Do you have more than one Google account? When I try to look at Adsense using my regular email I get that message. Log out of gmail and try logging in again with the email address your account is associated with.

It won't let me do it, it simply defaults to new gmail address as the primary login. Even when I use original login, google lets me login but the primary address is still the gmail address.

It is driving me mad.

7. profile image0

So G thought you were applying for a second account with the new e-mail address?

I have lots of gmail addresses and have never had a problem. But I don't think I made one a default. Yes if you making it a default for your account, you've probably made a new email address for adense.

If you sign in to google in general, can you go to Google accounts and get in that way? My google accounts is in the upper right corner.

I feel really bad for you, it would be so much easier if there was a real person for you to talk to. I think I did something like this 7 or 8 years ago. And managed to go back to the old settings. But I can't remember how.

I think this is what has happened, g has used existing publisher id, linked it to new gmail and reviewed a blog in building stage, refused it because it is not ready yet and effectively put the publisher id in limbo, even though it was fully set up, authorised, verified etc.

In simple terms if I could pick up a phone and say link that id to that email address the problem would be solved.

In terms of the gmail address I didn't set it as default, g did it automatically and I cant undo it.

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I'm watching this thread with interest Aiden, and hoping it's something as simple as a wrong email address. Keep us posted.

Will do Izzy

It seems like a simple problem now that I have thought it through but with no simple answers.

9. Aiden Roberts profile image68

Thanks for all of your advice, i have spent so long on this now my head hurts. I have a feeling this is not going to get resolved anytime soon and I will just have to get on with it. I have tried everything but nothing seems to have worked.

It is 3.00am here and I give up for tonight.

Once again thanks everyone and enjoy your day or night wherever you are smile

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just read this thread and I feel bad for you.  Yes, you need your sleep.  tomorrow is another day.. I hope it is a much better day for you.

Thanks Rosie
        I am still none the wiser
        Driving me mad.

10. Aiden Roberts profile image68

Update after some well earned sleep

According to my Hubpages account, Google has disabled account for beach of TOS-This could be because I have inadvertantly applied for another adsense account or at least google thinks I have because my new gmail address became the default email on the google account. now it can't link the active, approved publisher ID with the original sign up email address.

According to my Blogger account, the account associated with this publisher has been disabled- See above.

According to the email Google sent, unnapproved account because difficult site navigation-This tells me I have applied for another account (inadvertantly) which was quite rightly not approved, this has then triggered the TOS violation.

According to Adsense login, Account Not Active, An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application-This is actually referring the the unnapproved application not my approved account however google has disabled my approved account in the confusion, confusion caused by me it would seem.
    The questions are:

How do I get google to take my previously approved publisher ID and link it back to my sign up email address so that I can access the approved account?
    How do I stop google from thinking I tried to apply for a second account?
    I am in limbo because any attempt to login can't tie me up with the account. Even when I try to resolve it they come back with an automated message saying the login does not match an adsense account. I guess I need a google person to look at my explanation, see I am a fool and link my previously approved publisher Id to my login/sign up details.
    Sadly I doubt this is going to happen!
    I wonder if it would be possible to open a new account in my wifes name then ask them to link my previously approved publisher ID earnings to her account? On second thoughts can't see them doing that.
    Maybe I can write off my earnings and start again in my wifes name, I think I am write in saying a publisher can associate ther iD with any url they have access to?
    Sorry but I am musing to try and resolve my problem, I would love to speak with a google person who could actually say yes I understand what you have done and it can be resolved, I will wait in hope.

11. Aiden Roberts profile image68

Google ads still showing on my hubs so assume Hubpages will get all the revenue, this problem just gets worse doesn't it!

Your best chance is to go back to the adsense forum, say your problem is still not resolved, and ask that somone flag it for an pro contributor.

Thanks Thomas I have just done that, A lady named Peggy has been trying to help but I think it needs a google rep to edit the account at their end.

12. Aiden Roberts profile image68

GREAT NEWS

I received an email today from Adsense saying

"We have resolved your problem, your account is now linked to your sign in details"

Checked my account with lightening speed and it is up and running again. I am so happy I could click on my own ads(joke).

Can I say to all who helped me, comforted me and tolerated me;

"Thank You"

I don't know what I would have done without you.

Aiden smilesmilesmile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Phew! Nice one Aiden.  I don't suppose they explained what the 'problem' was.

As I suspected I was an Idiot, I was messing with Blooger and Gmail at the same time, somehow I linked new gmail address to my active adsense account at the same time as apparently asking for a second adsense account?

Result

Active account disabled for TOS violation, not allowed two accounts
        Banned from signing in because adsense didn't know it was me
        Unable to do anything because none of my details matched

Phew!

Fortunately I was advised by great hubbers to go on Adsense forums and an angel named Peggy contaced Google Rep for me, without her It was a nightmare with the online forms etc.

Moral of the story:

If it ain't broke don't fix it

Aiden

Hi Aiden,

I am glad that worked out for you.

Thanks Thomas

Your advice played a big part in resolving it, I am so relieved.

Thanks again

1. profile image0
              BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant result Aiden- knowledge from the forum here on Hp is brilliant, I think the drinks are on you tonite. smile

smile I think I will be having a little tipple to celebrate that's for sure.

13. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Aiden, delighted for you, never nice to see AdSense accounts lost and I am glad that they have taken the time to review your case and admit their mistakes smile

Me too Ryan, in fairness I was giving up hope especially as it was my fault.

14. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!  It's definitely an encouragement for everyone else out here that problems can be resolved some of the time.

That's right Aficionada

It is a nightmare when it happens but if you genuinely have made a mistake and not deliberetly set out to violate TOS then with patience, tenacity, help from hubbers and a whole lot of luck it can be sorted.

I do wonder how many people give up trying to resolve the problem to soon.

Thanks for stopping by smile

15. profile image0

Wonderful news, thanks for the update. Remember if you do tipple, don't go near adsense until completely sober!

Lol smile

I am scared to even check it now in case I mess it up again. However thanks to yourself Nelle and others I have got other options in terms of ads so something good came of it.

Thanks again Nelle I really appreciate it.

16. Aiden Roberts profile image68

I can't believe this Adsense is at it again, look what arrived in my inbox today:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after
    reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into AdSense at
    this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:

- Unable to review your site

---------------------

Further detail:

Unable to review your site: While reviewing hubpages.com, we found that
    your site was down or unavailable.

We suggest you check whether there was a typo in the URL submitted. When
    your site is operational, you can resubmit your application with the
    correct site by following the directions below.

Here web go again, I thought this was all resolved, do you think they don't want to pay me?

Watch this space.

So, are your ads disabled again?

Yes, I have no idea what I have done wrong this time. I have just removed two of my hubs that might be a bit risky but apart from that I don'y know what the issue is?

Do you know when setting up Adsense via hubpages do you put your profile page as the url or a hub url, I don't remeber which I did but I am wondering if that could be a problem?

Well, if you have been on hubpages.com for the last xmonths with adverts showing, surely you used the right one?

I guess it is back to the adsense forum.

Have you considered maybe writing some sales hubs?

I know, I thought it was all sorted.

I will just have to try and resolve this issue, it really is annoying.

17. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I'm so happy for you, Aiden Roberts!  Peggy is an angel.  Do you believe in angels?  I'm glad your Adsense is up and running again.  You are so right.. if it ain't broke, leave it alone!!!!

All was ok Rosie but it's gone pear shaped again!

18. Aiden Roberts profile image68

And it is back on again, for how long?

Congratulations, again, Aiden. See you again in a week hmm

Er... I recommend some sales hubs, because the amount of hassle you are getting seems barely worth it.

Lol!

Thanks Thomas

The nice lady said it's an internal glitch at their end, she encouraged me to let her know if it happens again?

I will be concentrating a bit more on sales hubs so as you say when it happens again it will become a to do item rather than a pain in the neck.

Speak to you this time next week smile

19. xboxps3wow profile image39
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

google has been crazy lately... they disabled my youtube account for uploading a black ops video (you can do it within a game, so its complete ok and not infringing any rights)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)