jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Fixing Duplicate Content

1. cmahan profile image81
    cmahanposted 6 years ago

I had a couple hubs flagged as duplicate. It is my own work, I thought I had revised it good enough. Guess not. Today I rewrote the 2 hubs again and edited them here. I am curious to know how long will it take for the duplicate flag to go away once resubmitted and passed?

1. Wayne V profile image58
      Wayne Vposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Two out of the three I posted have that too! I only got here yesterday! The work is mine, but is also on my Wordpress blog, is that the problem?

1. Appletreedeals profile image71
        Appletreedealsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes - if it is available in more than one place, then it is duplicate content.

You will have to do a re-write on one of the sites.

GA

2. Appletreedeals profile image71
      Appletreedealsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you are confident your re-write fixed the duplicate issue - you may have to email the hubpages team and ask them to review your changes and remove the notice, I'm not sure it automatically disappears.

GA

3. To Start Again profile image81
      To Start Againposted 6 years agoin reply to this

also, if you have done revisions on a flagged hub and resubmitted it, it could take a few days for it to be checked and okayed. If it has been given the go ahead the flag should be gone. check your email for stuff from the hubteam about the issue. And others cant see the flags, only you.

2. To Start Again profile image81
    To Start Againposted 6 years ago

its not really a rewriting issue, its whether or not the work is already on the web elsewhere.

here's what the help sect says--

"You are allowed to post content on HubPages that is also published elsewhere, like your own site or blog—but you may not place any promotional links on that Hub. Your Hub may also be moderated for duplicate content in cases where we determine there is substantial similarity to another work. This includes close paraphrasing, among other forms of misappropriation or copying of content."

1. cmahan profile image81
      cmahanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's been taken care of. I just logged in and the bright red duplicate is gone. I understand duplicate is allowed, however it lowers my hubs and my other website ratings when things are duplicated enough to cause a flag.

working