jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Help !! google adsense - custom channels vs url channels

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image62
    Army Infantry Momposted 6 years ago

Hi folks, been working on updating my hubs and making neccesary changes to my google adsence channels. I desperatly need some help/advice - My question is,..

Should I set up both (custume channel & url channel) for each website / hubpage link ?  I thought I once heard or read its best to have either one or the other,and that having both makes your adsense reports inaccurate. 

How have you set yours up for ultimate success ?

Thanks Bunches !!!

2. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Nothing makes your adsense reports inaccurate - if you use right reports for whatever info you need.

I don't see a way to use custom channels with hubpages because you do not have any control over a single ad, so url channels is the way to go IMO. smile

Army Infantry Momposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh ok,... Ya that would make sence,.. what about if you had a personal website - what would you suggest ?

1. Misha profile image73
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For my major money making sites I have both url channels for major pages and custom channels for every ad spot - which gives me kind of a matrix to analyze. For minor sites that get a click every now and then a single url channel for a whole site is enough. smile

Custom channels does seem to offer more than just the basi url channels,.. definately something I need to play around with I think,.. I like maxtrixing,.. LOL

3. Army Infantry Mom profile image62

PS the advice is much Appreciated Misha !!!!

4. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Army Infantry Mom,

Nice to see you in the forums again. smile Hope things are well. smile

Hubpages should be your "custom" channel, then each hub you write is assigned an individual URL channel, under the Hubpages "custom" channel.

I have assigned URL channels for my separate blogs, which I have setup. However, I guess you could add a new "custom" channel for individual websites/blogs, if you want, but I don't think it would be necessary. smile

Thanks Cagsil !!! Doing pretty good thank you,.. hope your doing well also. smile I think I'm finally understanding all this now LOL. I sure hope doing all this updating and straighting out my adsense stuff including my google analytics pay off LOL

PS Its nice being back,.. I kind of missed everybody LOL Just been over whelmed with projects

5. Army Infantry Mom profile image62

Thanks so much Misha and Cagsil for all your help,.. smile Enjoy your week,... HOOAH !!! smile

1. Misha profile image73
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ha! Sure, you are welcome and have fun smile

2. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome Back and You're welcome! smile Do enjoy yourself smile

working