jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

My whole hub is in bold why? It wont change to normal

1. tamron profile image52
    tamronposted 6 years ago

I copied and pasted my text like always it looks normal but when I publish the hub everything turns to bold.
    Thanks for Your Help

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes copying and pasting can stuff up some of the formatting. Try editing it, turning on bold, italics and underline, then turning them off. That's worked for me in the past.

tamronposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It won't come out of the bold still after and its in paragraph.

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

or check in Edit to make sure the format is paragraph and not one of the headings. some of your text looks the same size as the heading.

3. To Start Again profile image84
    To Start Againposted 6 years ago

this is going to sound weird but it works- highlight the whole text, then go to that little drop down menu in the capsule that says 'paragraph' bring down the menu then click 'preformatted'. With the text still highlighted, click 'paragraph' again on that same menu. Then highlight it all again, or just the words you want to change and click the bold option if they haven't changed already. Sometimes clicking back and forth between the options on the format menu will allow you to change the bold, italics, underlined stuff from copying and pasting.

Ok I tried that its still not working is this going to make my hub less valuable to readers or Google?

4. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Yes, you could try what WryLilt says and while you are at it it would help to check if you are in the preformatted mode, changing that could also help. smile Welcome to HP wink

Thanks let me see if that works I did think of trying the formatting mode!

5. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Tamron, welcome to Hub{ages

6. Aficionada profile image90
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

If nothing is working, it would be best to e-mail the staff directly and see if they can figure it out.  It sounds like a glitch of some kind.

It may very well make the hub less valuable.  Too much bold type gets negative attention.

7. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I don't think it would make a difference to google, but some people don't like reading bold print.

Did you try going into Edit, highlight and click Paragraph under Format?

8. Aficionada profile image90
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Actually, here's another thought.  Do you ever use the HTML editor when you are in edit mode?  It would be tedious to do (if this works), because you would have to check each capsule separately, but you could see if there is any code in the HTML editor that is telling it to go bold.  If it's there, just remove it.  You could try that with one capsule and see whether it would change that capsule, as a test.

working