jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

Here lately I'm getting problems with hubpages shut down as unsafe

1. Jerilee Wei profile image84
    Jerilee Weiposted 6 years ago

Today's threat is:  URL mldO.oo.oo index.php?tptype 1889)+99e7406f9ea3a77f and named Blackhole Exploit Kit)

1. Aware1 profile image62
      Aware1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you just get this warning?? I wonder if it is much more than and ad server virus. hmmmm

I had a 2Trojan virus' and 3 Phishing URL virus' hit my computer today, even tho my anti-virus software said it was blocked.

This was reported this morning UK time. You can see my post on the forum. I believe HP has taken down the NEW ad's. The team is said to be working on the issue. Thank goodness you have the code.

2. CMHypno profile image88
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had a Blackhole Exploit Kit blocked by my anti-virus this morning when editing a hub. Are these threats coming from the ads?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image81
        EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had the same thing happen to me as well.

2. Aya Katz profile image86
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago
  3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

We have seen these reports and are looking into it.

1. CMHypno profile image88
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul

1. profile image0
        Multimanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Still happening

4. Sally's Trove profile image86
    Sally's Troveposted 6 years ago

Still happening.

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I think someone said on the other thread that using the latest version of Firefox improves things. I'm using Chrome and not had an issue...YET!!

1. Susana S profile image90
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm also on chrome and haven't had a problem.

2. rmr profile image88
      rmrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm using the latest version of Firefox too, and haven't seen any warnings, but I do get a missing plugin message. I'm not about to take any chances though. I'm not reading or editing any more hubs until this is fixed.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Whatever you do, don't download that plugin! That is what is keeping you safe smile
        You might as well carry on working though, without the plugin/java thingie the virus can't reach you.

1. rmr profile image88
          rmrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I never do! I get that message on a lot of sites. I figure if I can see everything I need to see, no need for the plugin. If I can't, then I'll find it on another site. If other people use that same logic, though, I suppose there's a lot of people hitting the back button on our hubs.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I've had no clicks today so far despite having hundreds of views which is unusual. Guess whatever is active in the ads is chasing the viewers away. Here's hoping they don't add HP to their browser filter sad

6. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago

Likewise - Chrome seems to have no issues, although I am running a few scans, just to make sure smile

1. Susana S profile image90
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same here smile Did a full scan this morning with both antivirus and malwarebytes - no problems reported.

1. profile image0
        Multimanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Problem is most of your and my vistors aren't using anything up IE web browser, and whenever I get a virus warning I dont come back to the place that gave it to me, so hubs maybe losing a lot of visitors from this, which translates into clients for me and you.

I wrote the team told them I would need an email to tell me it was safe to view other peoples webistes before i come back on and go hubbing, but I am more worreid about loss of visitors and listed in google as an unsafe site.

working