jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (18 posts)

Mother Nature is cruel, I tell ya....

1. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

It was 78 degrees (F) here just two days ago. I just went outside, and it's snowing. Yup. One to three inches expected. roll

1. Bill Manning profile image71
      Bill Manningposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm, it's raining here in Vermont, about 38 degrees. I fly back to Florida tomorrow where it's in the 80's! big_smile

lrohnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Showoff. smile

2. lakeerieartists profile image72
        lakeerieartistsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, we are in for the same as Irohner here.  Although, the break up of the cold weather means that spring is coming. roll

3. lrohner profile image83

Hey Bill, I don't know where you are, but Burlington is expecting 1 to 2 inches of snow this afternoon. smilesmilesmile

Guess it will cool off later then. I'm 28 miles north of Burlington. The weather can drop fast around here,,,,,, which is why I can't wait to fly back tomorrow!

The frost heaves are really bad this year, all the roads have huge holes, bumps and broken pieces.

No way! Your syrup guy must know my friend, the Sugarman in Burlington! He sold his syrup biz several years ago for a cool $10 million.

Hmmm, my friend knows just about everyone around here. So he must know him or heard about him. He sugars in Fairfield, just a little ways from St. Albans where I am.

But 10 million? He must have had 100's of acres of maple woods. My friend still has not made a profit yet after 3 years. hmm

Well then, he should talk to my bud. The Sugarman built his biz on the resorts. He packaged his syrup in little 1-oz bottles and sold them to the ski resorts in bulk for room service, etc. You gotta know Sherman. He wasn't about to go diddling around waiting for tourists to buy a bottle. smile

Ahhhhh ok, that makes more sense. You make a LOT more selling syrup in little bottles. My friend often has to sell his wholesale in 40 gallon barrels because he just does not know how to find anyone to buy it retail.

Let me get in touch with Sherman. He's been out of the business for years, but maybe he'd be willing to talk to your friend and lend some advice, 'kay?

ETA: Has he approached the coop in downtown Burlington? Has he approached any restaurants?

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

To be in the mid 80's here today.  Azaleas blooming along with everything else.  Sorry about your weather, Ironer!  smile

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Irohner, it has been really nice here too the last few days, but walked outside and it was snowing. It's ridiculous. lol

Where are you, Cags?

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Western Massachusetts! hmm

I'm in southern Connecticut. It started snowing here a few hours ago and it's still going -- getting worse instead of better actually. Not much is sticking though -- at least not yet, anyway. hmm

1. Cagsil profile image59
            Cagsilposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It started here also a few hours ago, but is sticking to everything including the roads. sad

working