jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Amazon

1. marlena1974 profile image61
    marlena1974posted 6 years ago

How exactly does  having the affiliate Amazon work?  Do we discuss the pros and cons of an item that we are knowledgeable about?  And add a link to the item?  I was approved for adsense but I have yet to apply for Amazon and Ebay.  I don't have many hubs yet so should I publish more and then apply to these as well?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Here's an example of an amazon focused hub to give you some ideas: http://hubpages.com/hub/best-booster-seat

You are unlikely to get approved by ebay unless you have your own website.

marlena1974posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Susana, thank you for recommending this hub.  And no, I do not have an ebay account.  I have only applied for and been approved by adsense.  I will also apply for amazon.

2. tritrain profile image75
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Product reviews are a common way to go.

The best is probably to write a creative, well-written Hub and then add related Amazon products, as appropriate.

2. kirstenblog profile image76
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

You can basically add an amazon item to any of your writing, best if its relevant, so like you said, discuss a product or product range and have a few items for sale. Could be the item and the competition equivalent for the item you are discussing. You will want to experiment a bit with that over time as you find your style.

I was approved with amazon very fast when I started but took ages to make that first sale. Keep writing is a good idea but I am wondering, is it taking forever for approval? Or are you waiting to apply, if so go ahead and apply now, can write while waiting for approval wink

Oh, okay, thanks.  No, I have not yet applied for Amazon assuming that I needed to have more hubs.  But from what you've said, I could probably apply now!  Thanks for the info!

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image78
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Yup, it would be a good idea to apply for Amazon after you have 10 hubs. And eBay is no more accepting hubbers as affiliates.

And like you said, either you write about the items you have knowledge of or you research on some products and then write a hub about it.

Okay, seems to be ebay is out of the question from what I read.  Okay, well then I'll work with what I can:  adsense and amazon.  Thanks for the info.

2. MyMastiffPuppies profile image69
      MyMastiffPuppiesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does that only apply to new hubbers?

I originally signed up with Ebay through my website but did not realize that was a pre-requisite. Thanks for the info!

working