can I Boast a little?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Neil Sperling profile image59
    Neil Sperlingposted 15 years ago

I have no clue really how to get traffic - but I am delighted that I am approaching my first 1000 views and one hub is close to hitting the 300 views.

Thanks to my fans/friends here on HP as well as Adland and Face Book.

Hip Hip .......

1. terenceyap07 profile image59
      terenceyap07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're doing well, my friend. I'll be looking forward to hearing more good news from you.

*smiles*

Neil Sperlingposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Tarenceyap07 - Love your reincarnation article - I've had so many experiences that prove it to me - it is as real as the sun rising each day!

2. compu-smart profile image85
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

HOORAYYY:)

:-) - Thanks Compu-smart

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Great job Neil. Keep writing hubs and watch the views go higher and higher.

Sir Dent - Yeah - if only I had more time I could write more ,,, LOL All the best and thanks for your words!

2. topstuff profile image58
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

But the views are not that high.

LOL - Love it when someone tells it like they see it!

If I was trying to make money doing this I would be disgusted - but I'm doing it to share a little about things that matter to me. The feedback I'm getting tells me I touched a couple people - that to me is worth more than money!

Again Top Stuff - Thanks for being blunt and telling it like you see it!

So you know it did not offennd me it reminds me of a quote "Balls" said the Queen ... "If I had some I'ld be king."

LOL

Cheers Bro

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Congratulations, 1000 views is a good first level to reach smile

Uninvited you may be - but you are welcome to pop in any time! - Thanks

4. dineane profile image81
    dineaneposted 15 years ago

Why would you say that? I'm glad no one had that kind of reaction to my little 2000 view celebration. I've seen my traffic steadily grow since then.

Neil, I'll join the "congratulations" chorus! I've thrilled to be at hubpages, and I believe even slow progress will be long-term progress!

Dineane - Thanks for your kind words - Like I said though - I'm not intending to make a dime here - I have other ventures doing that very well indeed!

Thanks again!

5. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 15 years ago

I agree, Niel.

As long as some numbers are going up, and people are reading, it's a good thing.  I especially  love it when people find something to laugh at in my hubs. Laugher is healthful.

Some of my hubs are more serious--  I may have some useful information to share, even when a little silliness creeps in.

I look at my numbers-- but don't get  too focused on them.

I am really happy to get hits and feedback.   I am not looking  at this as a way to earn streams of pennies every day, though I will be happy if  I can buy a gallon of gasoline/petrol at some point.

We all want more.. but at certain times we can be happy for what we have.

Therei s value here, it makes me happy frequently.

Rochelle - Thanks - Love Light and laughter!!

6. ProCW profile image80
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

Congratulations are due for your success! smile

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! smile

ProCW

Thanks ProCW - Now it is time for me to begin!

7. Lifebydesign profile image63
    Lifebydesignposted 15 years ago

Hey Neil that's great news. Congratulations - you have every reason to boast! :-)

Lifebydesign - Thanks for the comment and word of encouragement

8. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

Grats man.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  Keep laying down the roads, bro.  1000 is a cool milestone.

And Rochelle, seriously, you are a freaking crack up.  The only thing holding you back from being a national humor figure is probably that you don't realize how funny you are.

Shadesbreath - I thank you too. Nice of you to mention Rochelle's humor too!

9. crashcromwell profile image66
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

Neil, you can boast any time you like. Every website has to start somewhere, and I am in the same kind of boat as you. As we speak, I have a total of just over 3700 hits, and about 1000 of those hits have been in two of the hubs. I haven't posted any celebratory comments because I do realize that I have a long way to go before I'll be respectable. This is not to minimize your accomplishment. I have faith that if I stay with it, the numbers will increase, and so will yours. Keep it up!

Hey Crash Cromwell - thanks for the encouragement - all the best to you too!

10. Veronica Bright profile image58
    Veronica Brightposted 15 years ago

Just remember, it's not always "how many" hits...but "Who" hits.  I do less writing on Hubpages than I do anywhere, but google still loves me here, and the other place.  Besides that, someone saw one of my Articles that led to a real writing job!  lol.  Numbers are numbers, just do your best, learn what you can, keep improving, and to He** with the Nay-sayers.
    V

Veronica - Thanks to you too my friend - all the best!

11. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Hi Neil -
    It's a good start. Like you, I'm not writing here to make money. But the quality of feedback available on Hubpages is higher than anywhere else I've written.

Thanks Paraglider - I agree with you 100% - the Hub pages are great for feedback! Cheers

12. Stacie Naczelnik profile image67
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

Boast away.

Almost to a goal of 1000 is definitely something to celebrate.

I figure 1000 people actually reading my work is better than 100,000 who simply click on it and click away to something better.

Stacie - I agree 100% - the quality of traffic is more important than the numbers - for those who are wanting to earn a living doing this then the numbers are more important ... LOL  - tit for tat!

13. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

Neil,
    I am with you all the way.  I just started too!

Lady Guinenere - thanks to you too for taking the time to pop in and comment - all the best to you too! Three cheers for the Lady!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)