jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Affiliate links in a hub

1. broalexdotinfo profile image54
    broalexdotinfoposted 9 years ago

I have read some of the post forums, but so far I didn`t find anything related to affiliate links that would make me understand better. I`ve written a hub, which is now unpublished, because of the following reasons:

* You must have no more than 1-2 links to any one domain on a page of original content (tinyurl and other cloakers are considered wildcards)
    * You may NOT add links to sites or offers you are promoting on copied, non-original Web content (i.e. if the copy exists already on the Web, you can't reuse it to promote your sites)
    * You can not give a short teaser and a link to "read more" or "continue". The Hub must have the full content you want to present.
    * You can NOT add links to sites irrelevant to the Hub's topic
    * You should consider adding more original content, or legitimate links to other online resources that complement this Hub's topic.

There are only two affiliate links in the hub I`ve written, one of them relates to Hubpages and the other is my affiliate link to Squidoo where I use to publish content often. No other affiliate links at all.

I am using short teasers if they can be called this way such as "Sign up with" is this why my hub is not being published? Can anyone help ? I would appreciate it smile

Best,
    Alex

2. guidebaba profile image52
    guidebabaposted 9 years ago

Did you pay attention to this point: "You can NOT add links to sites irrelevant to the Hub's topic "

The links you are trying to add is surely not relevant to the content of the Hub that you wish to publish. cool

3. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 9 years ago

Hub Pages won't let us add links that are not relevant to the actual content of the Hub.  But you can add your Squidoo link to your profile, if you wish.

4. broalexdotinfo profile image54

The links are relevant to the hub`s content, article marketing is done through various sites, where marketers publish their articles on different topics, one of them is Squidoo and it`s working perfectly for most of them. I forgot to mention the title of the hub was "Basics of article marketing".

Best
    Alex

1. Maddie Ruud profile image77
      Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago in reply to this

We do not allow outbound promotional links on text not unique to HubPages.  That article was picking up false dupes, but I did a manual review and republished it for you.  If you're ever in doubt as to why your hub has been moderated, please do send an email to team@hubpages.com as Marian suggested.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image67
        Ryan Hupferposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Maddie is the bomb-diggity.

That is all. smile

5. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 9 years ago

Your Hub may have fallen prey to over-zealous machinery.  It happens. 

You may want to request a manual review at team@hubpages.com.  Staff is small, and the response may take a day or few.

Hope things get straightened out.

6. broalexdotinfo profile image54

Thanks Maddie, will send an e-mail in the future for anything that is not clear.

Best
    Alex

working