68articles is at it again

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (66 posts)
  1. TinaAtHome profile image67
    TinaAtHomeposted 13 years ago

One of my hubs was loaded onto 68 articles 4/3/11. I checked other people's hubs. HubPages articles were loaded onto 68articles on 4/2/11 and 4/3/11.

So far I've found hubs from Viking305, ryankett and kyle246 that have been copied.

They may have removed the hubs that were there, but the bot is still loading new ones. If your hub isn't there, it's only a matter of time before it is.

Now, what do we do?

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mine are back on there too

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just wanted to say "thank you" for the forum post.  All of the comments here are informative to me.  I've never looked around anywhere to see if anyone has stolen my hubs - I tend to doubt that anyone would even want to say the things I sometimes say.

I'm sort of hoping that some of you guys who are making more, and have more to lose. . . .inadvertently knock out the problem for the rest of us. 

Every time I read a Sunforged comment about internet matters - I realize how little I know. . . . .:=P

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago
      TinaAtHomeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil, what are you saying? We just keep filing DCMAs? Do you think that will stop him?

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My post was only for the purposes of showing that others are aware. That's all.

I don't know the exact process. I would think it would be a stepping process. Meaning, one step leads to another step, until you no longer have them.

You filing against the location is one thing. If not responsive, then you file with ISP? If the ISP does nothing, then I would suppose higher authority would be next, but could cost heavily.

At least that is my take on it. wink

3. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Yes, you should continue to file DMCA with adsense and BlueHost (if BH is still their Host)

Probably, many HUbbers became lazy and did not file after the site seemed nullified, but one can still access the cache to show the evidence of theft and a history of theft should be documented in order to convince BlueHost to discontinue ALL services to the the thief.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are.  If anyone is wondering what to do next, send a DMCA form to legal@bluehost.com

Here's a link to a DMCA form people can use, created in Word:

http://www.dreamweaverresources.com/for … /index.htm

4. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Grrrr....  I just found another one of mine I missed the first time, so I filed another DMCA.  I was so shocked to see that site back up...

5. TinaAtHome profile image67
    TinaAtHomeposted 13 years ago

Well only one of mine was up there last night, but now all of my articles that were previously on 68articles are all back.

It looks like everyone else's are too.

6. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

Barstewards have got two of mine as well.  Have just filed a DMCA.

7. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Wow, there are over 475 hubpages articles there. Sheesh...

8. WriteAngled profile image72
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

Is there any point to these DMCAs? After all, the site came back up after only 2 days. Obviously the hosting service does not give a toss.

9. WriteAngled profile image72

I did resend the DMCA and got the following response:

"This domain is not hosted with us.  Here is the current nameserver information;

NS1.HOSTABLE.COM
    NS2.HOSTABLE.COM

The IP address for their website is 204.152.255.6  Brinkster Communications.  Please feel free to contact us again if we can be of further assistance."

1. profile image0

I looked them up on www.whois.net and they were listed as being hosted by Bluehost.  Perhaps whois.net listings aren't necessarily up-to-date.

1. melbel profile image94
        melbelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the Whois contains outdated information.

10. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 13 years ago

I got the same. I guess send a message to the new host and keep cracking on the AdSense thing

11. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

What a Great Opportunity for Hub Pages to actually give the Internet Thieves a serious message!

These thieves are gaining access to our articles from here... nowhere else.. From within the site!

Most of us wish to continue to publish our original content here.. but until HP Actually take a more supportive and proactive stance and attack the scraping problems here.. they are effectively encouraging thieves like this to continue to steal new content before we even get it identified by the search engines!

There is a writing comp on at the moment.. Entirely New Material and able to be scraped by thieves that tie us up for hours filing DMCAs and continually having to check the duplication of our work!

Is management here going provide us with some realistic advice on the required actions from HP to Help - those that can help us to help the site... by writing and protecting our content so that won't be stolen?

Non Action Here Amounts Completely To: Apathy!

Apathy - Is when one has given up, or can't be bothered, or wrongly measures the factual value of a 'problem' as being of a higher value than the efforts required to remove the 'problem!'

A Well Quoted Example of Apathy Was: That Nero Fiddled as Rome Burnt! - The Fire Won!

So... I guess if we wish to enjoy the pleasures of Rome (as hubbers) then we need to once again attack the problem personally.. as it seems the standing ovation for the concert performance is perceived to be more important than attacking the thieves who are Stealing The Damn Seats! sad  roll

So roll up the sleeves again and start filing more forms!!
    - Amazing World we live in
    - One Where Thieves Can Be Stopped, but Where Many Think... So What? Someone else can do it roll

OK Cool... Team Work AGAIN will do the job Again!

THX WriteAngled... Clearly BLUEHOST Are Sick of it Too!

Now We Collectively ATTACK the New Host! - AND The NEXT ONE.

AND HUB PAGES.... If You EVER Needed Legal Proof of Intent To Defraud... Now You Have It.... WHAT Are You GOING TO DO About It? This Group have in their possession 1000's of stolen articles.. They consider that content to be their own, as they continue to move that content to wherever they see fit! THAT Is The Problem! - And THAT Is the Fraud!

Because of the legal implications involved when it comes to copied content, especially regarding the legitimacy of our complaints, hubpages cannot act on our behalf. they can give us advice, but can't really do much more. those who work for hubpages who have had their own hubs copied can take action on their own behalf, but they cannot help us. this is because hubpages does not know, for a fact, that even I write original content. I could have stolen it all out of a book. in the dmca thing that you file, you must swear that your content is your own. hubpages cannot, however, swear under the penalty of perjury that my or your content is original work. only I can, only you can.

1. chamilj profile image60
        chamiljposted 13 years agoin reply to this

melbel you are 100% correct! I am the only person know the originality of my content.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh PLEASE.... Stop Pussyfooting Around with a Thief... Wake Up!!  You Are Missing The Point that I was making! - Attack The Problem.. Head On.. Don't You Understand How To Trouble-Shoot a Business Problem? smile

What excuse will you make when the Site Has Not Only Lost all of Our Content.. But Also All of It's Credibility? hmm roll
        The 'Problem' That You REFER TO.. is solved with a Simple Executed DEED OF AUTHORITY TO ACT ON BEHALF OF THE WRITERS! - In a Specific Sense!

I Have 30 Years of Corporate Legal Experience.... Do You Want Me To Plan a Legal Action for those who don't know how to do it?

Please... Be Real... We Are Talking About Full Scale Theft...
        This is the Fourth Time This Has Happened on This Scale since I've been Here - And Each Time A Few of Us have Solved The Problem for Everyone Here AND HP... So.. This is NOT a New Problem.. It Is Merely One Which Has NOT BEEN A Priority To the Site To Remedy! Okay? ... Where were you on all those occasions? hmm

There are a hundred things that HP can Do.... Starting with a 2 second communication with All the people here who are worried about their work!!

- Are you telling me that that is beyond the management of any genuine company that relies the content and the writers?

- The Problem Is More Likely: That HP Actually doesn't KNOW What to Do about the problem.. which is BTW a threefold one! That may well be more accurate than you would wish to Have Known!

- You know, this is a thankless task.. I'm sick of not getting sleep and trying to sort out problems for others who don't respect my loyalty and commitment anyway!

@ Chamilj... Please THINK BEYOND the Box Before you show that You Can't... smile
        I'm sure somewhere in your life someone has told you that Skinning Cats is a task that can be done in more than the way you may consider hmm

I Posted a Phone Number... I have No Idea what your time is in the States... Mine is 4.00am ... Could someone there use their rights as a Copyright Owner and RING the Hosts... they will be receptive and won't Not Listen.. if you present the facts!

3. profile image0

no, but they do know for a fact that hundreds have been stolen by one site.  That's without having to bother with looking at any nitty gritty of individual content.  Surely they can file a complaint & threaten legal action on behalf of their members?

2. profile image0

can anything preventative be done to deter thieves - software or something?

If hubpages doesn't take action, I think confidence will be lost & more good hubbers will leave.

12. moorebored profile image60
    mooreboredposted 13 years ago

Can someone tell me what you're talking about? I'm kinda new and hoping that nothing bad happens to me.

13. Pearldiver profile image67

It's A US Service On Seller... To me it looks like they are supported by either NameCheap or Host-Gator.. (only by the packages I see here)

Anyway:

Ring THESE GUYS If You are in the States....
    Speak to the head of their legal Dept and advise them that they are going to get 500 DMCA's within the Next 24 hours!

Corporate Headquarters

Brinkster Communications Corporation
    2600 North Central Avenue
    Suite 310
    Phoenix, Arizona 85004
    USA: 800-345-7084
    INTL: +1-480-388-3777

Any contact email?

1. leahlefler profile image93
        leahleflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The contact email for abuse is abuse@brinkster.com

14. leahlefler profile image93
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

Tina, thanks for posting this. When I checked last time, they didn't have any of my articles. Now they have several- off to file DMCA (never done that before). GRRRRR! mad

15. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 13 years ago

yep ALL my hubs are back on there

I'm going to contact google tonight. contacting their host is worthless, they'll just move again.

something I've found helpful in the past when my content has been copied is look up where some of there other content is stolen from and contact them.

16. leahlefler profile image93

I've never done this before, but I filed a DMCA through google (since the site uses adsense). Will that work?

1. Pearldiver profile image67

Yes... good on you.. they all help smile

1. sunforged profile image75
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just saw your Brinkster contact info.. where did you get that info?

They are located in the right area to be the true hosts.

Write Angled got it from Bluehost... they Hate Mr 68 smile

Address your emails to their HQ which is via Brinkster's Communications

So the email address is:  legal@brinkster.com

1. WriteAngled profile image72
            WriteAngledposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

legal@brinkster.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
            Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <legal@brinkster.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table (state 14).

ok no probs.. I'll find another one.. cheers

1. profile image0

I did what WriteAngled did and emailed abuse@hostable.com, plus abuse@brinkster.com for good measure!

Sorry I'm such a pain when I'm so tired! sad

Good one you guys... keep it going.. smile

Thanks smile

2. Pearldiver profile image67

Then hit them with this:  abuse@brinkster.com

Didn't you say that before? hmm

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz sorri another allnighter sad

17. sunforged profile image75

http://www.icold-cigb.net/images/attention.jpg

http://www.hostable.com/images/header-support.gif

68articles is no  longer hosted by BlueHost

the nameservers reflect the site "www.hostable.com" as the new host.

Since, no DMCA information is easily found I suggest using the 800 number above to find out how this site plans to react to finding out they are hosting a pirate site.

800 phone calls cost the owner money and this site looks like a small  reseller they will probably react quickly especially if one points out these threads.

I just phoned this number. The person I spoke to didn't seem very sure of copyright, he said that the individual HubPages articles didn't say that they were copyrighted, so because they are on the Internet they are free to be posted elsewhere.

But he was talking to someone else on instant chat about 68articles while he was talking to me.

He said if the site comes down, it may not be until tomorrow.

He's invited people to email support@hostable.com to complain.

So we can flood them with emails or phonecalls, it's your choice.

Still, if the site gets pulled and he still has his Google account, he could set up somewhere else.

Oh, I told him to read the HubPages forums

2. wordscribe43 profile image89
        wordscribe43posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It must have been wilderness he was chatting with.  He was talking about it in the other thread, about Philip.

Thanks, Tina!

3. sunforged profile image75

obviously, he is an idiot.

i wouldnt take his suggestion to email, i would guess that those will go right to the trash.

every 800 call costs money or deducts from the balance for the month, i think he should be literally paying for his lack of knowledge and unprofessionalism.

18. WriteAngled profile image72

I'm not in the US, so I emailed abuse@hostable.com which is cited on their Contact Us page.

19. Pearldiver profile image67

Hey Josh... smile

What's your time mate?

Yep they are resellers (look like one of HostGator's) and they will react positively if we each make the appropriate contact.
    They are a Division of Brinksters Comms... The details including 0800 # I posted earlier.

- So there are 2 Phone numbers.. and double the opportunity to have 68articles taken down.

I wonder what his statutory registration details will identify with this host? - That's something else that HP could act on!

20. leahlefler profile image93

They might use the legal email address for known parties only. Has anyone tried abuse@brinkster.com ?

I submitted 5 DCMA reports to Google. Maybe they'll lose their adsense.

21. Aficionada profile image81
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

A problem for some of us (I'm speaking of myself here) is that we don't have a clear enough concept of hosts, ISP's, and such.  I have the guts to make a phone call, but I wouldn't know quite what to say.  If someone could outline a script for me, with some added details that I might need to know, I would be happy to do it.  I would love for one of you guys to write a Hub that would serve as a template for the future - i.e., what to say or write to whom at what level.  Or point me to that Hub, if it already exists.

Okay - I just checked over there (68 a's).  I have previously assumed that none of my articles were there, but some are, so I have reason enough to complain on my own behalf.

If you aren't confident... then sure just do it all by email.. you will get the right result... there are lots of us.. it's all weight smile

22. Aficionada profile image81
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Okay, I filed a complaint with Adsense, and somehow I ended up getting two different DMCA forms to open up. (I'm not sure how it happened, because I had a whole bunch of windows open at the same time.)  Anyway, I filed both of them. All of that was for just one article.  I plan to do the same for all of my other copied articles later today.

I also sent an e-mail to abuse@hostable.com, and I checked out the 68articles page on Facebook and sent a "report" form there.  That did not offer a comment box for sending any additional text, so I just reported it as "Spam or Scam" because that seemed to be the closest - I mean, it is a form of a scam to say that they "invite" or "allow" authors to submit articles for publication, when that is not even close to the truth!

23. Rosie2010 profile image69
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I just found an article of mine in 68articles.  I just filed a DMCA and sent emails to abuse@hostable.com and abuse@brinkster.com.  Now I'm going to file a complaint with Adsense.  I found so many articles and poetry copied from my friends here HP and they are not aware of this.  I better let them know.

1. Rosie2010 profile image69
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok I just filed with Google as well re Adsense.  As I've never done this before, I hope I did everything correctly.

24. WriteAngled profile image72

He is on Twitter as 68article

I am about send out a message on Twitter saying he's stealing our articles and ask people to retweet.

1. profile image0

they appear to be suspended again.  Maybe we should all write lots of bad press if they start up again?

25. Pearldiver profile image67

Yep.. Good Stuff.. It's Like Playing that Game 'Wackamole' - where those little mole things come up from out of the hole and you have to hit them on the head.. Only this time it is a Turkey that keeps popping up!! So.... Each Time this Turkey pops up.. We have to knock it back down again!

Good Work everyone... but keep filing your DMCAs.
    And when he pops back up again... hit em on da head again! smile

Look....

'This Account Has Been Suspended' - 

- That's what the host has done.. Taken Them Down!

- So yeah Tweet the thief for awhile, so everyone knows he is a Crook... what's he going to do? Sue Us? big_smile

For Him... ALL Publicity is Bad Publicity! sad

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good job everyone, I called this number 6:30 pm last night (888-725-2701) 24/7 - and they said that as long as we wrote an email already, they will look into it. I also send an email to abuse@hostable.com prior to calling them. I filed April 1 DMCAs, but of course the URLs changed since then again. Good to know it was suspended.

26. sunforged profile image75

Nice! Well Done - a double smile

27. Rosie2010 profile image69
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

Great job, everyone!  "Account Suspended" smile

28. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

I think google have removed 68 from their index too. I did a search on both chrome and IE browsers and while it is still listed in the search results, both browsers couldn't find the webpage. (Not even the suspended notice that was there before.)

smile

Im still seeing a account suspended page- but it looks  abit different.

This one is Hostgator branded, so at least we know for sure who the reseller account was through for future reference.

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How weird that neither browser will load the page for me. Going to try another one tongue

29. Susana S profile image92

Ok, Firefox is showing the hostgator page. But on my travels I found another site I think is run by the same twat - 68share.com.

Has the same adsense ID.

I hope he loses his account!

30. thisisoli profile image75
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

okay

"I just phoned this number. The person I spoke to didn't seem very sure of copyright, he said that the individual HubPages articles didn't say that they were copyrighted, so because they are on the Internet they are free to be posted elsewhere."

If this happens again tell them that you do not need to leave a copyright notice for an article to be copyrighted. 

You should also mention that since the music industry around the world banded together to protect music works from theft, we can now use the laws created to protect music to sue hosts, as well as file a DMCA complaint. Mention that you are going to file a cease and desist and that if the material is not removed within the time specified in the cease and desist notice they will be accountable for all legal fees and damages.

I have reported spam on all this guys facebook pages, and twitter page. 

If you see any more of your duplicated work remember to send it to Google, get the guys adsense account banned!

site is already pulled

31. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I just checked and its been removed! big_smile

32. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Keep an eye on the url. I think it'll be back up within hours.

33. Susana S profile image92

I think the guy running it is going to be shi**ing himself now because he has another huge site monetized with adsense - 68share. Probably all stolen software too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)