jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Hubpages v Excerptz

1. Ritsos profile image60
    Ritsosposted 6 years ago

I transferred a few posts over from here to Excerptz to see what happened. Most of them are still 'drafts' as I'm waiting for them to be de-indexed from Google.

Very early days but bearing in mind I have 1 active hub at Excerpts and now 32 here, the numbers are small today but I have nearly half my hits coming from excerptz ... Will be interesting to see what happens when I've posted a few more there .. I'll keep you posted :-)

1. AEvans profile image64
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

never heard of them, but keep us updated love to hear the outcome. smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image89
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

Excerptz is one of Ryan Kett's sites. It's in another thread here, somewhere. Don't have time to find the link.

1. tritrain profile image74
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What other sites are there of his?

1. Daniel Carter profile image89
        Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not sure. This is the only one that came up in the forums that I became aware of.

3. Astra Nomik profile image73
    Astra Nomikposted 6 years ago

Who are they? Never even heard of them? Sounds interesting.

4. Ritsos profile image60
    Ritsosposted 6 years ago

I've held off posting on this topic a while to see how things went.

My current situation is that I have approx 30 hubs on HP and around 20 articles on Excerptz.

My stats have been showing more hits off hubpages generally for the last couple of weeks, however, as I suspected, now the Royal Wedding is done and dusted, my HP stats have plumetted as one of them was getting good hits and yesterdays figures were HP 7 Excerptz 39 .. not big hits of course in the slightest but percentage wise quite interesting. Moneywise, difficult to compare yet as it's scrappy bits here and there but it does perhaps indicate that Excerptz has a better chance of getting articles ranked higher than HP.

I will say that I haven't really backlinked or anything yet either.

Will post back after a little while with progress

1. CMHypno profile image88
      CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting stuff Ritsos - I have joined Excerptz, but not posted anything there yet. When I do I will let you know how the traffic goes.

Have you tried This is Freelance - another site run by a respected hubber?

Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no but I will take a look at them definitely .. thanks

Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you get 80% at excerptz though and 60% at thisisfreelance

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

check this http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Altern … ting-Sites

and this http://hubpages.com/hub/Deleted-Hubpage … ng-With-It --  you can compare and know other sites which you can showcase your writing skills

working