how did my hubs get posted on a site that i was not aware of

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 51 discussions (111 posts)
  1. clark farley profile image70
    clark farleyposted 13 years ago

while going through google buzz i found that my hubs are posted on a site called 68Articles.com
    does anyone know anything about this site? i did not post my hubs there nor did i give any permission to do so. in fact, i wasn't even aware of teh site.
    does anyone know how they would've gotten access to my hubs?

1. clark farley profile image70
      clark farleyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks Website Examiner. I had no idea...
      i am completely blown away by this. just happened to stumble upon it when i was going through my google buzz stuff today. i'd hate to think what would've happened had i not seen it. glad i could warn my fellow hubbers.
      this is definitely getting reported.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

good spotting. I see they stolen nearly a dozen of mine too.  What is strange is only about half of the article appears with a full width pic - must be odd to read, as it gets cut off!

Wonder if they are part of the reason we have been hit hard by Google?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Once your hub is published, anyone can technically copy it and post it anywhere. There is no way to prevent it. Sometimes, it is automated through a technology called "scraping."

Now you must go through the trouble of asking them to take it down; if need be, filing a DMCA complaint against the site and/or with Google.

3. TinaAtHome profile image67
    TinaAtHomeposted 13 years ago

Have you seen this site???

ALL of my hubs are copied there. I checked a number of hubbers, ALL of their hubs are repeated there too. Not just a link, the WHOLE of their articles.

Go there, change the search to author name, enter your author name and see if all your articles are there too.

4. Jlbowden profile image86
    Jlbowdenposted 13 years ago

Hello everyone:

I just checked the website 68 articles.com a few minutes ago. And as suggested by Tina, put my name in the search box. Sure enough I had found three articles that I had written about astronomy on the first page. I do not know if this is a good or a bad thing?  All I know is that I will keep writing for hubpages in between my regular job, because I love to write. It is still a bit bothersome considering I have only been with Hubpages a little more than 2mos.s, but we know that they are not to blame for this.

Jlbowden

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is a bad thing for sure. Your search engine rankings may suffer, and you may be penalized for duplicate content in spite of you not being at fault.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I found one of mine too. Who should this be reported to? Shouldn't we report it to Hubpages?

5. TinaAtHome profile image67

All of these people's hubs have been copied. There are more, you can just browse the site and see hubber's names

Patty Inglish, MS

ryankett

Paul Edmondson

simeyc

Check out these two articles

ht tp://68articles.com/how-to-make-smores-in-the-oven-66b2381d.html

ht tp://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Smores-in-the-Oven

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for catching this - I mailed the site to remove the content. You might want to send a message to Hubpages though as it's a rather large part of the Hubpage portfolio that has been stolen!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think Paul Edmondston will be very interesting seeing his hubs have also been stolen.

2. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

30 of my hubs were on there, I tried to file a complaint but had trouble with the fill out, site seems to be down at the moment which is good..I am relying on other peoples complaints to save me at the moment lol

6. Jlbowden profile image86
    Jlbowdenposted 13 years ago

So as your suggested response, made earlier to Tina, it is probably worth the extra trouble to report the complaint, to either Google or 68articles?  Thanks for all of the feedback in reference to this issue.

Jl

7. TinaAtHome profile image67

Website Examiner, we are all affected

ht tp://68articles.com/what-romanticism-and-being-romantic-entails-5c0d4dce.html

ht tp://hubpages.com/hub/What-Romanticism-and-Being-Romantic-Entails

1. profile image0

Thank you very much, Tina. I have taken action with the site and with Google.

8. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

To anyone in this thread who has posted a link to the site or has replied to a post and included the link, PLEASE go back and edit your post and take out the http:// or add a space (ht tp://) so that it's not a live link. All you're doing is helping the perpetrators by giving them a backlink. That's a really good way to ensure that their copies of your material rank more highly than your originals in the search engines.

9. Edweirdo profile image85
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

This site has apparently just scraped a LOT of content from Hubpages and re-published it.

At least as far as my copied hubs are concerned, the copies have not yet been indexed on Google or Yahoo (i.e. searching for exact phrases from my hubs, inside quotation marks, does not show results from this domain)

The site uses Adsense, and I have reported them for violating my copyright.

You should do the same if your hubs have been copied: Just go to a page that has Adsense and click the "Ads by Google" link in the lower right corner (this does NOT count as clicking the ad, so don't worry!) On the resulting page there is a checkbox that indicates that the site is violating your copyright. Tick that box and leave a comment in the text area below, if you like.

You can also fill out DMCA complaints, but having this dirtbag's Adsense account canceled for rampant violations will probably do more to discourage this outrageous level of theft!

1. TinaAtHome profile image67
      TinaAtHomeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can someone please post to this thread if they actually report their copied hubs to Google. I tried to report mine and had a few problems

1. It wants me to list all the violations, I have over 100 hubs that have been copied, I really don't want to list all the URLs and the violating URLs.

2. I did a lower right corner click and it told me not to use that form, but submit a DMCA, I tried to submit the DMCA and it won't take it and has a very strange error message that I'm sure is not from Google.

1. viking305 profile image93
        viking305posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just used the link that Edweirdo told us to use and it worked fine, try it again

2. Edweirdo profile image85
        Edweirdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The text on the reporting page says you don't "have to" fill out that form, but can instead file a DMCA request. As the violation is site-wide and involves thousands of hubs, I simply reported the whole site to Adsense for copyright infringement. Filing separate DMCA's is also an option.

FYI, I also emailed the HubPages team, so we'll see what action they take - since this affects a great deal of their content and 68articles is literally trying to steal HubPages' traffic, HP should take action to protect the site as a whole, IMHO...

2. Brie Hoffman profile image60
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the step by step remedy...geez seems I spend all my time chasing after thieves these days!

10. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

They copied practically all my hubs. And they are getting many views as well.

This is outrageous. I wonder why it hasn't been detected by HP and Hubdefender.

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now i understand why it hasn't been detected yet. Not yet indexed By Google & Yahoo
      Thanks Edweirdo.

11. viking305 profile image93
    viking305posted 13 years ago

OMG I have just checked this site and it has posted word for word 20 of my hubs.  I can not believe this. 

I have done as you said Edweirdo and reported them for Google Adsense violation. 

I tried to see anywhere on the site where I could contact them to demand that they remove my articles but could not see anywhere.  Anyone find it?

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope that the site didn't also use our publisher id's since they used our user names. We might all get banned from Adsense. Just an awful thought!

No they couldnt see it to steal.  Our Profile names are on each of our hubs but our Adsense id's are like passwords only we can see them.

1. Edweirdo profile image85

Anyone can see anyone else's Adsense id - it is part of the HTML code on every page where an ad appears...

I never knew that. I thought it was hidden for our protection.

There is a "contact" link at the bottom of the page.

I didn't use it - a theft of this scale does not merit a polite email from me wagging my finger at someone as if he had copied a single hub out of ignorance. This is blatant and intentional theft-for-profit, and the only recourse (IMHO) is the swift cancellation of his Adsense account by Google.

Was that too harsh hmm

Certainly not!  I reported them to Google Adsense too, as you explained above. 

Like you say Edweirdo they have been blatant in their wholesale theft!

I see it has also been reported to HubPages Staff so hopefully they can get it sorted soon.

12. WoodsmensPost profile image63
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

Nice work clark farley and thanks for going public with this info. We hubbers need good detective work like this and by all means letting other hubbers know so we can get these horse thieves stopped as soon as they have been spotted.

A special category thread should be dedicated for reporting copyright violators or violated websites

links disabled so they don't get a back link like someone mentioned here.

13. Alastar Packer profile image68
    Alastar Packerposted 13 years ago

Just found several of mine and another hubbers on there. SimeyC would you please explain how to go about mailing the site  and thanks to clark for letting us all know.

14. Stacie L profile image85
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

i just checked to see if mine are there..the search changes when i typed in my name..i do see others here..
    this is sickening..

15. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

The unlimited, ongoing, never ending thievery just takes the joy out of this. Every hour spent dealing with this scum is one less hour available to write hubs and otherwise enjoy life.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image60
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ditto

16. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I complete crush would involve also contacting BlueHost, as they are hosting the illegally obtained content.

The registrant info seems to be faked also, (phone number 123456?)so a quick message to Ican can also result in seizure of the domain name.

Either blueHost or ICANN will react to fake registration information.

If you have been effected sending off a quick email can really have an effect, especially if dozens of you do it.

Registrar: FastDomain Inc.
    Provider Name....: BlueHost.Com
    Provider Whois...: whois.bluehost.com
    Provider Homepage: http://www.bluehost.com/

Domain Name: 68ARTICLES.COM

Created on..............: 2010-04-06 15:46:26 GMT
       Expires on..............: 2012-04-06 15:46:26 GMT
       Last modified on........: 2010-10-11 18:59:34 GMT

Registrant Info: (FAST-14841719)

Mr 68
       LLQ- CG
       DL,  -
       Vietnam
       Phone: +1.23456
       Fax..:
       Email: 68article@gmail.com
       Last modified: 2010-11-03 17:28:33 GMT

I thought about going that route, but if the ISP pulls the site then Google won't have a chance to delete this d-bag's Adsense account! He'll probably just set up shop somewhere else...

1. sunforged profile image74
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the ISP wont be very quick to respond:

If you do fill out any DMCA's - Bluehost legal dept would like a copy so they can react  legal@bluehost.com

Depends on the ISP (in my experience). Google/Blogger can take weeks, but I've seen Hostgator and a few others respond within 24 hours!

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A good point, Edweirdo.  I want him shut down, but to be shut down AND lose adsense is even better.

Sunforged; if you haven't seen them you have a list there, too.

3. profile image0

they'll just get another name & set up another account?

17. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 13 years ago

Some of my content is on there too. Since their search doesn't appear to be working right now all I could find of my content is what is indexed in Google.

Google search:
    melbel site:http://68articles.com/

Replace melbel with YOUR username and do a Google search to see if your stuff comes up if you are unable to use their search.

1. wilderness profile image95

Melbel, search for your name using their "author name" feature, and make sure to click the submit button - do not press enter after entering your name.  I found 11 of your hubs on the first page - subsequent pages are blank, just as they are when I search for my own name.

2. BaliMermaid profile image59
      BaliMermaidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes how convenient that their search is not working.

18. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Well, you can add Wilderness to the list - 5 of my hubs are on the site. 

I used the method suggested by Edweirdo to notify Google - this seems the best outside of filing individual DMCA complaints.  It doesn't look to me like any single individual doing this, but likely site wide involving management.  Better that they simply be shut down rather than trying to get them to remove stolen content.

I couldn't find any indication that any of their "featured authors" have written anything at all - rather it seems to be nothing but scraped content.

Nothing seems cached yet, as has been pointed out, yet the publication dates given for my own content dates back to January.  Seems a little odd...

19. shogan profile image75
    shoganposted 13 years ago

I found some of mine, too.  Infuriating.
    I've also contacted Google.

20. melbel profile image94

Yeah, I hit enter, it's a natural thing for me I guess. Poor design on his part.

Okay, so I went to file a DMCA through Google and upon hitting submit I got this, which is the strangest thing I've ever seen from Google. I tried to search and see if anyone else is having this problem, but to no avail:

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 … a/crap.jpg

It doesn't submit, it just says "crap" and does nothing. No fields are red as if I'd done something wrong. Just "crap."

I just chatted with a bluehost rep - he suggested that they could take action if DMCA's were filed with them. 

I've never had to file one of these - does this sound reasonable?

1. BaliMermaid profile image59
        BaliMermaidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My self, my wife and her cousin have total of 380 hubs copied by these scumbags.

They did not copy images - essential to these hubs - just the text. Does that mean this is some scraping program that does this automatically.

Not to complain but we have recently had trouble posting new hubs because some text is repeated in our own hubs; dowsuch as instructions on how to download images or print the images in the hub.

This is really upsetting, how can we be told our work is duplicate content when these creeps are doing this.

1. profile image0

some of my images went over - full-width ones

2. wilderness profile image95

Wonderful.  I got basically the same thing.  A little different image, but the same "crap" message with an exclamation point.

1. wordscribe43 profile image89
        wordscribe43posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great... okay now I might feel a little better or worse, can't decide yet... but the same thing happened to me.  Got the "crap" message.  WHAT IS GOING ON?

1. profile image0

Me too, same message.

1. wordscribe43 profile image89

Isn't this just really bizarre?  What do you make of it?

1. profile image0

I was very surprised, yes. Doesn't make sense to me.

I have pointed this out several times but no one seems to be getting it:

Reporting DMCA to Google is useless!

Send DMCA to the ISP using the info from sunforged's post

Google does not host this site and cannot and WILL NOT remove it!

Only the ISP can do so , so send your DMCA requests to them, NOT GOOGLE

Reporting to Google Adsense per my first post here will alert Adsense, but WILL NOT get the site removed

Now I am going to bed smile

1. profile image0

Reading your forum posts across the board never was my favorite pastime.

2. profile image0

I couldn't figure out how to contact their ISP - their email contact assumed you were a subscriber.  Here is a suggestion from a Google adsense forum: click on their ads and file a complaint there

1. profile image0

I got the same impression. Did send them an email, however.

1. profile image0

I just did this - seemed easy enough - just clicked on the google ads icon on the site and it took me to a form - I selected that I wanted to report a problem with the site & ticked the box that they took my stuff & added some additional info.  Hopefully, if they get a pile of them, they will take action to disable their account quickly.

I also emailed the offender

2. sunforged profile image74

not ISP - Host, different

send DMCA to legal@bluehost.com

Yup. that's what I got.

4. Edweirdo profile image85

If you are trying to submit a DMCA complaint, don't do it via Google! They do not host the site in question.

File your DMCA with the host in sunforged's post - they are the only ones who can do anything about it! Google doesn't own the Internet(despite all appearances to the contrary wink) and all they can do is go after the guys Adsense account and/or de-index the site from their listings.

21. BaliMermaid profile image59
    BaliMermaidposted 13 years ago

We have eight members of our family that have had content copied bye 68articles.com and we have all individually just sent the following letter via their contact us link.

Dear Scumbag,

Cease and Desist. Remove all content you scraped, copied or otherwise obtained from Hubpage author bima.purnawan1

It's scum like you and your site that caused Google to put the revenue of so many hardworking content producers in jeopardy.

You have stirred up a hornets nest at hubpages. Suggest you remove every hubpage copied content on your site NOW.

Google has been notified by HUNDREDS of Hubpage members.

Our attorney is filing the required cease and desist documents.

Do you have the balls to even reply and explain your actions.

Bima Purnawan

22. melbel profile image94

I am sure with a problem of this magnitude hubpages will jump in.

23. BaliMermaid profile image59

Can't HubPages file a cease and desist an action for the entire Hubpages community. I believe has to be done by the entity that owns / runs the website.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but I doubt it.  HP does not own your content and has no rights there.  We would have to individually give HP the right to take any action on our behalf.

But they are attempting to steal HP's traffic (which translates to income), and I would hope that HP has  a team of shark-like lawyers at their disposal that can ruin this guy's day smile

24. BaliMermaid profile image59

this is the "whois" information for

Mr68

Reverse Whois:
    "Mr 68" owns about1 other domains
    Email Search:
    is associated with about 948,745 domains
    is associated with about 3 domains
    Registrar History:
    2 registrars
    NS History:
    2 changes on 3 unique name servers over 1 year.
    IP History:
    5 changes on 5 unique name servers over 1 years.
    Whois History:
    11 records have been archived since 2010-04-07 .
    Reverse IP:
    2,215 other sites hosted on this server.

They will never find this creep!

25. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 13 years ago

I found at least 13 of mine on there.  I hope this can get sorted out, I don't want to lose my Adsense account, or have my hubs unpublished by HubPages. I'll await further communication from the team.

Oh I just noticed what wilderness said, "We would have to individually give HP the right to take any action on our behalf."
    And I do give the team consent to act on my behalf.

26. BaliMermaid profile image59

We are like the blind leading the blind. We need the Hubpages team to advise everyone about this officially and tell us what they want us to do.

27. BaliMermaid profile image59

Here is a link to a complaint we posted on the Google Help forum.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … d3cb868c26

Please join in complaining about www.68articles.com

As I stated in my previous post, Google can not do anything about the site - all they can do is take away his Adsense account. They cannot remove the site.

You need to direct your complaints to the site's ISP per the details in sunforged's first post...

28. DaNoblest profile image60
    DaNoblestposted 13 years ago

Wow this is disgusting. Like Edweirdo said I think the best way to shut them down is get their Adsense banned. If they don't make any money doing this type of thing it will stop, otherwise they will just make another page if this one is closed.

29. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Ick... they have mine, too.  Okay, off to waste time with the complaint.  Thanks for letting us know, OP!!!

30. Edweirdo profile image85
    Edweirdoposted 13 years ago

From team @ hubpages.com in response to my email about this site:

"Unfortunately there is no way to deal with this other than the individual copyright holders filing DMCA complaints...(and contacting 68articles . com but it is unlikely that they will respond)."

So let's get to chopping this guy off at the knees!

See the post by sunforged for the ISP details for logging DMCA complaints. That can help to get your copied hubs removed, and maybe get this guy kicked off his ISP.

I still recommend complaining to Adsense so that he gets hit where it hurts - if he can't make money from this it may prevent him from just relocating to another web host...

31. Alastar Packer profile image68

Its like retail in a way. If you store is a push-over, bye-bye merchandise; and word spreads: but if you catch; and prosecute to the max, word gets around on that too.

32. Alastar Packer profile image68

E-mailed them a business like demand to delete 'authors' articles a couple of hours ago. Gave them till 4-1-2011 12:00P.M. est or a complaint would be made with Google Adsense and other pertinent institutions for copyright infringement.  We'll see what happens.

33. wordscribe43 profile image89

Ummmm....  I am baffled.  I just filled out my DMCA, clicked submit and got a pop-up window from google that said:

the page at http://google.com says:
               crap

WHAT THE???

34. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Didn't read the whole thread but I find using the report site to google helpful as well as DCMA. I did this fairly recently and the offending site was deindexed from google's search results within 48 hours. https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools … &pli=1

35. wordscribe43 profile image89

I think I FINALLY figured out how to contact Bluehost regarding complaints:
    Their DMCA email address is:

Email DMCA reports to legal@bluehost.com.

Go here to see what they require to file the complaint:

http://www.bluehost.com/cgi/info/terms.html
    See item number 10 under "COPYRIGHT NOTICE INFRINGEMENT INFORMATION"

Hope that helps... I filed mine, so we'll see what happens.

36. Sufidreamer profile image81
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

Complaint filed with Adsense
    DMCA sent to the Bluehost legal dept.

Bluehost are a decent company - it shouldn't take long if enough of us file DMCA notices. No need to panic, folks - follow the advice of Sunforged and Edweirdo, and Mr 68 will soon be history smile

37. clark farley profile image70

Hey all, I just wanted to Post my thanks to a certain Ms. AKH who works with me on the Wakefield Doctrine-related Hubs here at my hub that she Posted her alert rom.
    (She is my 'analytic side') and it was Ms AKH that uncovered the scraping that started this little brouhaha...I was not aware of every place that the Wakefield Doctrine was being used to make money for someone who either could not be bothered or simply lacked the talent/industry to create content.

So I will thank Ms AKH (http://hubpages.com/profile/AKH) (hopefully this link will be useful to the folks over at 68articles.

38. tonymac04 profile image70
    tonymac04posted 13 years ago

A whole lot of my Hubs are on this site also. Busy reporting them to adsense.
    Have to say Mr 68 (may his soul rot!) is discerning - he chose some of the best of mine!

1. profile image0

some of my best/most popular too!

39. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

oh my, they even copied mine!

they must be desperate!

40. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Maybe us making a couple 100 posts here might help get google's attention?

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/A … &hl=en

41. sunforged profile image74

^ No, Google Forums are worthless

here is a plan of attack - http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/71908

spend 5 minutes send the DMCA to appropriate places then go enjoy something else smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How sad...

1. sunforged profile image74

not sad.

Forums are glorified chat boxes, legal and professional actions require documented actions. The only use of a forum ina  situation like this would be to generate bad PR to force a companies hand - that isnt possible in this situation.

In the time it takes to make a forum post you can file the necessary documents and move along.

THE SITE HAS BEEN SUSPENDED

- see how easy that is (smile)

keep submitting though! make sure it sticks!

1. tonymac04 profile image70
          tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've just been along to the stie again and it seems to still be up.
          All my Hubs still there. I will keep going back to check (though I hate to give Mr 68 this kind of traffic!).
          Should I report each article again, or would that be overkill?
          I just love the sub-title of the site: "Intelligent life on the web!" I guess that "intelligent life" is us Hubfolk!
          http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4855854.png

1. Rebecca E. profile image75
            Rebecca E.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

looks like they are down-- for now.

42. Stacie L profile image85

not mine but Stacie Naczelnik hub showed up in a search.
    oh the site is suspended..good!
    how is this still happening?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They are back online again.sad

43. Alexander Pease profile image60
    Alexander Peaseposted 13 years ago

I typed in my name and found that my articles are on there too. Isn't there a measure of security within Hubpages to protect an author's work from this?

This is a disgusting way to perform plagiarism. My stomach is turning seeing other people's content exploited. I am trying to stay on the positive side of this. Maybe it is just a linked search and will loop to Hubpages? Nope. I just tried it. It comes up in their website window.

Although, they do credit Hubpages with the content, they do not credit the page it came from or even state that this is not their websites work.

Eh, what to do now?

44. sunforged profile image74

it depends on where you submitted DMCA's to.

If you havent yet - make sure to flood blue host legal@bluehost.com  with emails, one for each instance of infringement

Duplicating your efforts to bluehost or google is probably not an effective tactic.

45. SandyMcCollum profile image62
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

Geez, I almost feel neglected, lol! None of mine are there, thankfully.

1. profile image0

It is not too late to be found. I hear the site is monitoring this thread closely.

1. Alexander Pease profile image60
        Alexander Peaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From who?

1. profile image0

If you read the thread from beginning, you will (1) get answers to your previous questions; (2) see that shortly after I posted at the start of the thread, I was informed that one of my hubs had also been found on the offending site.

1. Alexander Pease profile image60
            Alexander Peaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have read the thread from beginning to end. I meant, from whom did you hear this from?

1. profile image0
      2. SandyMcCollum profile image62
        SandyMcCollumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, thanks TinaAtHome! Now I don't feel so left out lol!! I did a search on my name and nothing came up, but thanks for finding it for me. Now, my turn for dcma...

2. wordscribe43 profile image89

Awwww... don't feel neglected.  The jerk has 2 of yours:

ht tp://68articles.com/humorous-poems-by-sandy-mccollum-40eaeba8.html

ht tp://68articles.com/imagery-poems-new-poems-by-sandy-mccollum-40eafba9.html

Sorry, I know how you feel.  Go file those DMCA's now.  sad

I found 2

ht tp://68articles.com/s2/SandyMcCollum

Humorous Poems By Sandy McCollum

Imagery Poems, New Poems by Sandy McCollum

46. clark farley profile image70

Hey I just went to the sixtyeight site and there is a notice up that they are temporarily out of service.

btw the address of the notice:
    ht..tp://box569.bluehost.com/suspended.page/disabled.cgi/68articles.com

I suppose they are just getting everything together to pay us (collectively) for the adsense money they may have received prior to Ms AKH catching them in the act... lol

Which make me think twice about posting content here at Hub Pages, if there is no chance of security...
    Somehow I don't feel as bad if someone scrapes content off my  own blog, I have myself to account to, but the people behind Hub Pages are benefiting from all members contributions (as is the agreement).

Perhaps some assurance from 'the house' that there is not an open door on the content here...

47. clark farley profile image70

(just in case anyone thought to complain to the server...)

[4:44:47 PM] unfortunately someone with a bluehost has been 'scraping' content off a site that I contribute content to...HUb Pages
    [4:45:06 PM] his site is down now:
    [4:45:12 PM] http://box569.bluehost.com/suspended.pa … ticles.com
    [4:45:41 PM] I was hoping that you do something bad to this individual for stealing my content
    Cam: [4:46:06 PM] you can submit a request of this nature to the terms of service department.
    [4:46:09 PM] chat here - http://tinyurl.com/4ezbwqf
    [4:46:13 PM] ticket here - http://www.bluehost.com/cgi/help
    FIRST TIME SALE..: [4:47:51 PM] nah...he's just going to turn up somewhere else, but fyi the 'temp out of service' message for this person (showing bluehost as server) is posted at Hub Pages...can't be overly helpful for business...a lot of upset people over there...
    Cam: [4:50:12 PM] Was there anything else I can help you with

Probably me being old that made me think that the server would have a Customer Service Dept that at least pretended to be concerned.

Oh well, time to move on. (copyright 2011 me and not you dot com) lol

48. Alastar Packer profile image68

Here's the reply to a strongly worded demand e-mailed to 68 articles:
    Hi! thank you for feed back to me-I will edit or remove articles and author-We really apologize for this problem-Please! don't report Google-sincerally thank-Team:68articles

49. Stacie L profile image85

ever since I reported a complaint about copying my hub,"how to be an antique picker," my views have jumped!
    thanks for alerting me,TinaAtHome! wink

50. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Some articles of mine too have been copied by 68articles

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)