jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Duplicate?

1. bkerensa profile image59
    bkerensaposted 6 years ago

My hub on Cloudflare was flagged as duplicate and yet is original and just wondering whats going on?

Hopefully this can be resolved otherwise I will just publish my article on another site.

2. Tom The Cat profile image57
    Tom The Catposted 6 years ago

What does your G search show you when you search a section of content?

Have you actually done that?

It is the Weekend and the staff here are not likely to deal with your concern until Monday.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It is interesting that the hub would have been unpublished. According to the FAQs on duplicate content, moderation is only supposed to occur if the content was first published on an external site, then on HubPages.

4. Tom The Cat profile image57
    Tom The Catposted 6 years ago

True - Good Point WE.
    Perhaps it is a previously published original content hub smile

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Indeed, Tom The Cat, I will be intrigued to hear what the OP has to say on the matter.

2. Rosie2010 profile image75
      Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol, don't be mean, he is threatening to leave. yikes

5. Charlu profile image84
    Charluposted 6 years ago

It's odd that it would be published with duplicate content and yet I've had my article copied (ezine) except for two words identical and ranked #2 when I was #3. I was pissed and then they used different tags to have it come up thinking I wouldn't check.

Maybe it's a new person. Google it under the exact title and different words of the title and see if anything comes up close to yours. If someone copied yours it may show as duplicate and no one has looked at the dates it was published.

They will fix it I had one and they straightened it out.

6. mdlawyer profile image58
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

If it is reposted elsewhere before Hubpages staff checked it, "duplicate" will appear.

7. bkerensa profile image59
    bkerensaposted 6 years ago

It was published then flagged almost a week after as duplicate.... I am still unsure whats going on and the content was never published elsewhere and was written the same day I published it.

Hubpages staff has yet to let me know whats going on.

8. profile image55
    mikemcvposted 6 years ago

It looks like if you post anywhere else you can't post here. Kind of  limiting. Maybe bkerensa has the right idea. As a consumer I do not like having my choices limited. Too many fish in the sea.

1. Rosie2010 profile image75
      Rosie2010posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages is a good site, and I don't mind following their rules.  But it's your choice.  Good luck!

working