jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

How do you get ads like on this one?

1. Haunty profile image83
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago
  2. Sparhawke profile image59
    Sparhawkeposted 6 years ago

Not sure what ad you are trying to show?

Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Between the poll capsule and the voting buttons that's a big ad.

3. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I looked at the Hub but only saw one ad for t-shirts.  Is that what you meant?

PS - I looked again, but the ad I saw in the spot you mention was not a big one.  Could it be related to HP impression time vs. the Hubber's impression time?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4971551_f248.jpg

1. Aficionada profile image89
        Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks - I see it now.  Well, Ari is getting a lot of views on that Hub today, isn't he! smile

Yes. Thanks to the latest blog post, which btw is interesting. wink

4. theherbivorehippi profile image81
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

Don't allow room for an ad to appear in the text where it traditionally would.  For example, having pictures and Amazon ads all the way down the right side will not allow the ad to appear in it's usual place so it is pushed to this position.  I have it on one of mine.  It actually does well there.  I mentioned it in another thread....if I was ambitious I would alter a few more hubs to appear this way but....nope, not today. smile

Thanks! smile I didn't know that.

5. theherbivorehippi profile image81
    theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago

Do you see what I mean?  When you look at the hub...there is no room at the top in the text area for the ad to appear because of the picture and not enough text, then there are videos...so the ad must be pushed below.  Not sure if you saw my other explanation or not.

Yes, I do. You don't allow space for the top square ad to appear anywhere so it gets pushed down to the bottom. This must be new because I haven't seen it before. In fact I always made sure to write my hubs so that it shows up. Sunforged once said HubPages ad placement has a top-heavy design. Maybe this is something you can do to change this. Thanks again.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image81
        theherbivorehippiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

working