jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Summer Vacation Plans

1. GmaGoldie profile image84
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Anyone out there planning a real vacation this year?  I am in desperate need of R & R by the waterfront.

Share your plans and let me live vicariously through you.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We are coming in to winter, but I can change the weather by going North until the temperature is just right for me.

It gets warmer the further North you travel in Australia, so one of the hundreds of Beaches North of Brisbane would be ideal.

2. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

With gas prices being what they are how far are you planning on traveling?  Also, by what means of transportation? Bus or Boat? Plane, Train or Automobile????? How much money do you have to spend?  (not intersted in a personal manner, mind you)

You live near some Great Lakes-that's water--why not rent a cottage?   OR, travel to the east coast and rent a couple of days of hotel in Virginia Beach or the Outer Banks.

Or, move on up to the Minnesota area and check out the water in that neck of the woods.   

Or, fly to Florida and stay on the beach.    smile    Lots to choose from, isn't there.

3. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Anna Maria Island for a week! 7 bedrooms, a private pool, a hot tub, and a big boat for the entire week. Woo hoo!!!

2 daughters, 6 grandkids, and my best pal and her family are joining hubby and me. Can't wait to do some saltwater fishing and snorkeling in that clear water!

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
      Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How much is that gem costing? and where is it?  Sounds mucho expensivo.

2. profile image58
      imagine.charposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That sounds amazing! Some quality time away with the family with the luxuries you have explained........one word - WOW!

3. habee profile image89
      habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

$3,150 for the week, plus the cost of the boat. But you have to realize that the price is split among four families. The prices there are higher in the winter because of the "snow birds," so summer is off-season for them.

Anna Maria Island is just south of Tampa. It has snow-white beaches and crystal clear water. Super laid back and "old Florida." I have some pictures of it on a hub or two.

4. Beth100 profile image85
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Flying home to family with my kids!!  Mountains, hikes, canoeing, kayaking, camping, shopping, walking, go carts, paint ball and more!!!  smile  Gonna love it this year!  smile

1. Denise Handlon profile image86
      Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile

working