jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Suggestions for Helping Hubpages Recover from Panda Faster

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

An interesting read on steps that Hubpages could take to recover from the Panda algorithm change, by Ryankett.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Possible-Busine … r-Hubpages

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Some good ideas there.

I know vetting new members' articles has been considered and rejected before due to the amount of work involved - but you have to wonder whether it really would be more work than all the moderating now being done after the fact.  If Infobarrel can do it, why not HP?

The diversification idea is also good.

I also think it's a valid point - why is HP going after minor problems with otherwise high quality Hubs, when it seems they can't keep up with the constant flood of new spam?  Shouldn't that come first?

1. Michael Willis profile image79
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"-why is HP going after minor problems with otherwise high quality Hubs, when it seems they can't keep up with the constant flood of new spam?  Shouldn't that come first?"

It does make more sense to rid the site of low-quality, spam, duplicated and spun work FIRST!
      If HP spent more time on these, maybe morale would pick up.
      There needs to be a platform for new sign-up hubbers before publishing for the first time. Spend the HP time on this area as well.

Rule changes can be good, but...do ALL at the same time!!!! Not one this week, then another change next week, another change a month later, then another.....Duh, get the point
      When the rules are ALL finalized, then roll them out. The running around like a chicken with his head cut off slamming out changes here and there is not a good business practice at all! The disorganization will bring down a good business rather than build it up!

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I wonder if they're doing something like going through them all, separating/coding the ones they'll keep as long as the Hubber fixes the problem(s), coding everything (or something like that), waiting to see who fixes what - and then planning to go through with one, giant, swoop and get rid of everything left/unfixed.  That would give everyone (even spammers with one Hub and a bunch of links) a chance to post a decent Hub without all the links.  I don't know why I'm even wild-guessing.  Nothing better to think about right now, I guess.   smile

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image93
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

Maybe there should be a probationary period when someone joins?  Their hubs and membership are vetted for the first five hubs or a month say?

I am pro human vetting as much as (financially) possible, as software is a very blunt instrument.  Expecting hubbers to police the site is only partially realistic.

1. Michael Willis profile image79
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And when hubbers do hub hop and flag obvious low-quality work and it remains published while a high quality hub is Unpublished for a very minor offence that could be easily fixed through an e-mail...this does not help HubPages. It only causes discord!

working