Hubpage Earning

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (32 posts)
  1. mommyneal6 profile image70
    mommyneal6posted 12 years ago

I would like to know how everyone is doing with hubpages. I am really enjoying writting about the topics I find intresting and I think it's pretty neat to be getting paid for doing so. Are there any success or nonsuccess stories that anyone would like to share? I joined 3 weeks ago, produced 9 hubs and have made $2.00 from hubpages.com and $0 from google adsence. I'm ok with it though because I know that it will take a lot of time and hard work to generate good money.

1. Bible Studies profile image64
      Bible Studiesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Others should be popping in soon to answer this. My experience is that with the little traffic I was getting before Panda I may have made anywhere between $1.25 to $7.00 a month with Adsense.

After the panda attack, my traffic was even lowered more. I made $0 in adsense. I decided to join the hubpage ad program. I made $0.95 cents so far this month.

The last 7 days I had only 195 page views for all of my hubs. I'm not good with SEO, and am still not sure how to get a back link. Then again I don't pander to articles that would bring in a whole lot of people I don't think. With my main nitch, you either love it or hate it.

My second nitch if you want to call it that has my most successful article on a review of Sally Hensen hair removal foam. It still leaves me scratching my head as to why it is so successful. That has double the views of any of my other hubs.

Others have been making decent money, especially those who know about SEO, keyword targeting, backlinking, and etc. Some before Google Panda striked with its new algorithm for ranking sites in their search engine made close to 2k a month, at least they said.

2. ForkArtJunkie profile image61
      ForkArtJunkieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like HubPages. I don't interact much on the forum, but I have noticed so many nice people here. As far as money, I don't use Google analytics, but I would say about $30 a month from adsense earnings are from this site. Not much, but I consider this a hobby. You can also earn extra in other ways, like affiliate marketing. I usually write about pretty dry topics, but I'm planning a new HubPage about the adventures of being unemployed - that should be fun. smile

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm a plodder with adsense. It took nearly a year to get to $50.  Doing better with HP ads - already up to $20 in 2 mths.  Only about $10 in amazon.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Oh, where to begin...smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

The tragedy.

The life.

The is.

4. mommyneal6 profile image70
    mommyneal6posted 12 years ago

So it seems like not many people do get paid a decent amount of money by doing this. Hey, whatever though, it's fun to do and the money is only a perk.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been on for 7 months and "made" $16.00. I am just starting to try to back link, but you really need to find sites that will allow you to display your info on them. My "Friend" whose store I read tarot from wants a percentage if she lets me put some of my astrology articles on her site. Sheesh. I know money is tight..........

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

apparently some people make a few hundred to a few thousand dollars a month or at least they were before panda.  Not many people though - they tend to have lots of hubs & know all the SEO stuff.  Most of us get peanuts.

5. Howard S. profile image88
    Howard S.posted 12 years ago

For the big success stories, sign out of your account and then go to the homepage. There will be a string of successful hubbers, along with earnings. Click a couple more times on a particular person's story and you can even see a graph of their progression--page views against hubs published, I believe.

6. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

If you earned $2 with 9 hubs in three weeks, it is a good start. Consistent hard work for long period with good volume of quality content is necessary to earn anything worthwhile.

7. Azure11 profile image83
    Azure11posted 12 years ago

I switched from adsense to HP Ads a short while ago and it seems that HP Ads give more consistent, if lower daily income as they appear to be based on impressions rather than click throughs (?) - anyway, I'm going to see how it goes for a while and at the end of the month I may switch back but really I need to get $50 in first so that I can at least get paid!

mommyneal6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can switch between the two? Not just earn from both?

1. Azure11 profile image83
        Azure11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Although there are still a couple of adsense ads shown when you activate HP Ads, I have yet to have someone click on one of them with it activated so for me it is one or the other.

8. mdlawyer profile image44
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

So far as the efficacy of the Hubpages' Adprogram is concerned, opinions are divided.  Personally, I disabled it after having tried for a week.

9. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 12 years ago

It took me a good year before I began making a decent amount of money via AdSense here on HubPages.  It took hard work, learning tips to SEO and writing from the heart.  Three years later, I'm still making what I was on average monthly through the site with the Ad Program running.  I haven't lost anything, yet.  I know others haven't been so lucky.  I think it really depends on your goals and the dedication to writing quality hubs and sticking with it through the rough patches.

10. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

To me the Hubpages Ads Program seems better at generating income. Adsense pays when visitors click on the ads. Hubpages Ad Program pays when someone visits your hub.

Keep in mind that with Adsense and Hubpages Ads Program you get paid when the ads are clicked or when your hub is visited if this happen during your 60% share of time from the 60/40 split with HP

What do you mean during the share of time?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You get any income generated by 60% of the views.  HubPages gets any income during the remaining 40% of the views.  It is how they keep the site going and earn a profit.

11. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

BTW; none of your visits to your own hubs count.
    Your visits to your own hubs only count for the total number of visitors.

12. The Berb profile image57
    The Berbposted 12 years ago

what does SEO mean?

1. Howard S. profile image88
      Howard S.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't really need to know what SEO is until you start writing. After about 5 hubs or one month, whichever comes first, take two aspirin and enter SEO in the search box at the top. I'm not trying to be facetious, just practical.

There needs to be a 'like' button on here!

2. mommyneal6 profile image70

I did indeed look it up and I'm going to leave it alone for now.

13. PegCole17 profile image94
    PegCole17posted 12 years ago

There must be something else I need to do on the Amazon ads I'm placing within the capsules. So far I think I earned 4 cents in 20 months.

When I go into Amazon Affiliates and ask for product link codes it gives me HTML which references my account - but where does that go in the hubs? The capsule only allows ASIN numbers. So far I've been using the "share" button on products I want to feature - but it doesn't seem to bring any $$.

Any tips ?

You don't need to be logged into amazon affiliates to get the code to add the product. Just find the product you want and about half way down the page you will find the ASIN number which you can enter in your amazon capsule. Or just enter keywords for products in the capsule and it will find them for you. As long as you have entered your amazon affiliates code in the set up for amazon then you will be credited with sales. There is probably a hub about this somewhere...

1. PegCole17 profile image94
        PegCole17posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Azure, for your help on this. That makes me feel better since I have Amazon ads throughout all my hubs. Maybe I'm just picking the wrong products. Usually I just let the system decide based on key words.

Oh well. Time will tell.

Peg

2. Howard S. profile image88
      Howard S.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't need to do anything special in an Amazon capsule, as long as the product is displaying.

If you have Google Adsense and HubPages connected, it should apply to every product in every hub. Both my wife and I stumbled through that part, and it finally worked but we don't know how. It is apparently a bit tricky.

However, if Adsense is showing you have earned anything at all, then it must be connected (it seems to me). Four cents is only impressions, zero clicks, and poor for your number of hubs and duration online. I hope someone with more experience addresses this part of the issue.

Thanks Howard. I've read most of the hubs I could find on the subject. Conflicting info. There's one out there that tells you how to convert the HTML and add it into a text capsule (arrrrggghh - not for me)

I did manage to blunder through the set up instructions for the AdSense code, amazingly enough. On my earnings and affiliates set up page the code is there.

Thanks for your kind help here.
        Peg

3. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Peg, I'm not sure I'm offering anything new here (or even understanding the question correctly), but your remark about converting HTML was enough to make me give trying to help a shot.  hmm  With Amazon, the only thing you need to do as far as your HP account goes is make sure you have your affiliate code is entered in the appropriate section under "affiliates" on HP.  There's Google, Amazon, etc., and you have a code for each.

With Amazon products on your Hubs, you can add the Amazon capsule, select how many products you want displayed, and choose whether or not to search by keyword, or instead to hand select each product (which is what's recommended by most people who want to increase the chances they'll have just the right kind(s) of products on their Hub.

People have found that where they place Amazon products can make a difference.  So can being careful to choose the right kind of product.

Either way (at least on HP), there shouldn't be any HTML that you have to deal with/type on Hubs (or in your "My Account" affiliate-settings).

Some Hubs are better "Amazon Hubs" than others.  With some subjects, readers aren't particularly in a "buying mode".   hmm

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Yep, you got it right. And it seems like I've been doing the right things with the capsules and product codes. My affiliate codes are all showing under the affiliate settings page.

I guess I was just stunned by the earnings I'm already seeing on the HP Ad program. Very pleased in comparison to Amazon.

Again, thank you so much LisaHW

Peg

14. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I'm very disappointed in my latest reports from HPAds.

My total page views have been increasing slightly to about 40-45 per day, as opposed to 25-35 in recent weeks.

However, the HPAds reports are actually showing a decrease in impressions, from 20+ per day to 10-17. I thought an impression was the same as a page view.

In addition, the ecpm or whatever has also decreased by about 35%. At this rate, it will be $0.00 in a couple of months sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)