jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

What does Duplicate mean when you submitt for publication?

1. Hiddenvalue profile image67
    Hiddenvalueposted 6 years ago

i got happy because it allowed me to publish, but now it says duplicate and I don't know what that means. Somebody help me please?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It should mean that the exact text on your hub is already out there someone else on the internet.  Hubs have to be completely new texts.

2. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 6 years ago

If you copied some text from another hub or article, it is not your writing. Change a bunch of words and resubmit (unless you copied an entire article)

3. sofs profile image84
    sofsposted 6 years ago

If you have copy pasted parts of your own work elsewhere on the internet also it would be considered duplicate , but it would be plagiarism to have taken the work of others.. research is onething to copy is another.. I am not saying you have done it..( I haven't read your hubs) but it is viewed seriously by both HP and Google.

This hub by website examiner may help you sort out your problems. plagiarism plagiarism  http://hubpages.com/hub/Forget-copying- … e-a-review

4. mdlawyer profile image57
    mdlawyerposted 6 years ago

By "duplicate" it means a substantial part of your content appears elsewhere on the Net.  You can write the article as a new one with additional facts, in a different perspective and, of course, using different words, phrases and sentence structures.

5. kaitiaki profile image56
    kaitiakiposted 6 years ago

If I wrote a piece on a weblog in the past, and I duplicate it here as a HubPage, it is considered a duplicate?  It is my own work!  Even after deleting the original weblog piece, I still can't publish.  I would like to know why.  Any help?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Duplicated" means duplicated, not plagiarised.  It's irrelevant whether it's your own work or not. 

Bear in mind that Google takes some time to update its searches.  It may still be showing your weblog entry as current.  Wait until it has disappeared from Google, which may take anything from a few days to a few weeks, and you'll be fine.

1. kaitiaki profile image56
        kaitiakiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, Marisa, I deleted the entire blog.  Anyway, thanks for responding.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't matter.  Google may still have it listed.

The duplicate filter doesn't go and visit the actual site, it's based on Google results.  So while Google still shows it as existing, the problem will remain.

6. MarleneWheeler profile image77
    MarleneWheelerposted 6 years ago

Does the term "Duplicate" apply to pictures.  I copy and paste all of my pictures from google images?

1. sofs profile image84
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Using pictures is not considered duplicate but there may be other issues related to them ... this is hub pages take on it ..
      Only use original photos or photos that you have the rights to display.
      Create multiple Photo Capsules that correspond with the text. A high-quality, useful photo can be more influential than text!
      Never use watermarked or pixelated photos.
      Give your photo a description. If someone is searching for a photograph, then might find your Hub.
      Creativecommons.org is a great resource for photographs that are free to use.

for further info go to the learning center http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/vide … to-capsule

1. MarleneWheeler profile image77
        MarleneWheelerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  The information you gave was very helpful.

working