jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Disappointed with Hub Karma

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

I made what I now consider a mistake using this when it was brought out but have since begun the long task of unlinking suggested links. I find that every time I look at my account statistics there are a bunch of alerts for links that are no longer working and that I have to go an remove! If they hadn't been added in the first place I wouldn't be having this problem now!

1. ngureco profile image88
      ngurecoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Use that hub karma thing to link your own hubs since you have control over your own hubs.

1. onlinemom1963 profile image59
        onlinemom1963posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can we link our own hubpages? Wow, thank you for this precious info. First timer here.

2. onlinemom1963 profile image59
      onlinemom1963posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am about to be asking about HubKarma, and what it is for. It's my first time here in HP and I liked the experience so far. Thank you for your very informative thread.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

True. There are a lot of people removing hubs or having them unpublished/moderated meaning the links go to empty space.

Plus, using the link suggestion tool means there's more chance of someone going and clicking another person's adverts and not yours.

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

I am glad I used the linking tool sparingly and the few links outside that are redundant now have been fixed.. but for those that are hung on to hub karma I guess it must be a bother.

4. Bard of Ely profile image87

All I can say is I wish I had never bothered with it!

5. GmaGoldie profile image84
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

I too have fought that battle.  My frustration with HP is going down a road such as this one and then doing a U-turn.  I work hard at this and I am constantly fixing.

I still have a number of Hubs to fix and bring up to the new HP standards.  I like the new quality standards but oh, my, I am simply tired.

6. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Thats Karma! smile

7. Bard of Ely profile image87

Yes, you can link your own hubs. Hub Karma suggests links top other hubs most of the time and often with very vague similarity to the subject. It is supposed to help increase hubscore which is why I used it but have found it is of more trouble than it's worth. Each to his or her own though!

8. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

I have no idea what this Hub Karma is all about but my number keeps climbing. So What?

working