Finally, my first Amazon sale

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (47 posts)
  1. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 12 years ago

I just got my first sale, a biggie at $.40

Question - I just happened to go into Earnings and saw the purchase. doesn't amazon send an email when a purchase has been made?

1. Balinese profile image41
      Balineseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

congrat-  i dont made sale yet smile))))

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Peter, here's to many more!

3. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well done Peter, here's to plenty more.

Peter Owenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thx Brian - now to figure out how to get a steady stream of Amazon income.

4. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratz Peter, I'm still working on referring my first sale. I'm somewhat disappointed by the commission you got. How many items did you refer? And can we know what were that?

Hub was about Hiding Assets during Divorce. The amazon sale was for a short book on Hiding assets in divorce. I usually limit the number of Amazon items to 3 or so per hub.
        I'm not disappointed by the amount of commission. What I am after is how to write hubs better and include amazon so that more people buy. I'm after quantity at this point, not quality of purchases

1. profile image0
          Suramya.Kposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I'm after quantity at this point, not quality of purchases", I didn't get this. Do you want to say that you want to refer more and increase your commission rate??

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Basically the more items you sell, the more chance you have of selling an item with a bigger price tag.

2. Peter Owen profile image61

what am after is a better formula for getting more sales, and I'll  worry about increasng the amounts later.

Sales hubs, sales hubs, review hubs, sales hubs. big_smile

Yeah - I got that out of your hub. Considering new subjects now.
                thx.

2. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

many congratulations, i love to hear good news.,

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! I think I sold seven items (in one sale) in my first six months here.

No, you don't get an email. smile Since many people sell dozens of items each day, I think an email for each sale would get quite annoying. Instead you get an email at the end of each month, letting you know if you've reached payout or whether it's rolling over to the next month.

thx Wry

4. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

Oh yeah how annoying would that be, to get an e.mail to tell you every five seconds, you have sold an item..... I would be so annoyed.... not.... big_smile

I'll worry about that when I get a sale every 5 seconds.

2. WryLilt profile image88

Joy, Amazon sales only update every 24 hours so you wouldn't be getting an email every five seconds no matter how many items you sold. smile

5. Joy56 profile image66
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

me too, nice to see you it's ages since i read some of your hubs about your dog, i could have been Poet Lorraine then.....  i am glad you have found success at last, always woth the wait.

6. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Great news! Congratulations on the sale - here's to many more!

7. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 12 years ago

thx everyone.
    Do amazon sales seem to do better in particular types of hubs, such as How To hubs where there are exact related amazon products?

I'd recommend you read my guide on how to create Amazon sales hubs. smile

I did - good stuff.

8. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Congratulations, Peter!  I'm happy for you.  My Amazon complete died in April, no sales, nada, zip.  Same in May until 2 days ago.  Congrats again and wish you more Amazon sales.

thx Rosie

9. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Glad to see someone is getting Amazon sales.  Know I haven't been here long, but haven't gotten a single one...sigh.  Congratulations and hope you have many more!

It took me 4 months, and on a hub I didn't think would produce anything.

2. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you still here DIY thought you were off to hibernation or somewhere else. So glad if you changed your mind, must have been that handsome picture of me that changed your mind.smile

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
        DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm in limbo.  But the reappearance of a certain hubber here is a big factor in my wanting to leave.

Although the hat and dark glasses are a definite draw, Brian. wink

I would never let on hubber cause me to leave. Don't know what the problem is but you can find a different solution.

2. profile image0
          writeronlineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't go DIY! I copped an unwarranted serve yesterday that really made me think "What the ....?". But then I read the guy's profile, (perhaps if he'd had the wit to read mine, he MAY not have been so rude, dismissive and gratuitously insulting) and realised he's likely another one of those "be whatever  you like, just by saying so" types, who mouth off indiscriminately, behind their online anonymity, yet proclaim all kinds of superior personal qualities, blah blah blah

Upset enough to toss it in, and avoid the abuse? I thought about it, but I'm over it. I decided I want to go on exchanging comments and views with real contributors like you. So, again, please don't go. Your hubber friends need you.

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
            DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WOL, you warm my heart.  You and others like you are the reason why I haven't already thrown in the towel here. smile

2. profile image0
            JacksBlogsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy fishing for that abuse.  I like controversial topics and am not even always serious.  I wish I had more angry replies and attacks.  That would be fun.  I'm not sure what "copped and unwarranted serve" means but don't let it get you down.  Tranquilo  as we used to say all the time in the Dominican Republic.

10. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

Congrats, Peter!  :-)

Amazon tell you when there's been a sale, but your money isn't confirmed until the item is shipped, which can take a couple of extra days.

I made an early Amazon sale, when I joined, then had a long patch of not selling anything in Hubpages or Blogger.  Recently I have made a few sales in quick succession, but generally for low amounts (someone bought a 99 cent mp3 which netted me 4 cents!).  The good thing is that I am not far off achieving the threshold for getting my cut raised to 6%, three more sales should do it.

Hey Paul
      I think I need to spend a bunch of time analyzing exactly what products Amazon sells other than books. This might then lead me to focusing my hubs better.

I can honestly that that there's almost nothing Amazon DOESN'T sell. It sells food products (from various countries), clothing, jewellery, baby items, power tools, you name it they've got it!

11. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I believe that amazon sends a monthly report when your account goes active - but I've not seen a setting that will allow any of us to get an e mail whenever something is purchased.

I might have missed something - it happens more often than I like.

$40 on one purchase?  That's awesome, Sir!  I've had several purchases. . . .but the total of all of them brings me to slightly less than you on your first sale, or customer purchase.

Of course I have ten thousand dollar guitars for sale. . .maybe someday I'll hit on one of those. . .LOL!

It was 40c smile

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL@Me!  See, I miss things . . . .all the time.  It's still exciting when the amazon account goes active.

At one point I'd decided to do away with amazon ads, and started deleting them.  Next thing I knew YOU had published something about them being UNDER rated, and I thought "wtf?"

Of course if they do take off, or if one of us makes a sale - amazon gives us more potential than anything else.  It's like swinging for the fences, or something.  We might as well think positive and go for it.

2. Peter Owen profile image61

maybe next year it will be $40.00.
      The first was $.40 or 40 cents.
      But I'll take it

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Swing for the fences!  It was over a year after I'd joined this site before my amazon account went active. . . .nobody hits a home run trying to bunt.

true, but a lot of bunts can win the game.

12. downpourofwords profile image41
    downpourofwordsposted 12 years ago

Congrats. I too have setup Amazon advertising on my hubs but I have had few clicks as of now, no purchases. Hope to see some soon.

Wrylilt post above has the answer.

13. Oettinger profile image59
    Oettingerposted 12 years ago

Congratulations

Thx Oettinger.
      When will we see your first Hub?? Don't be bashful or a perfectionist.

14. seamist profile image60
    seamistposted 12 years ago

Congratulations! Continue to learn, be persistant, rinse and repeat, and it will continue to grow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)