First Amazon Sale!

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (30 posts)
  1. leahlefler profile image93
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I only check my amazon affiliate account on a weekly basis, since I didn't have very many product hubs (I do have a few) and didn't expect a sale anytime soon. I was surprised to see an ordered item the other day! Yay!

Even better, when I went to see what the person had ordered (most of my product hubs promote less expensive items), I saw the person had not ordered the item in the amazon capsule. Instead, they ordered a flat screen TV! Score!

I sold two more items today, so I'm up to three sales on amazon. Just wanted to share my happy day, lol!

1. Mikeydoes profile image42
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just remember.... If it happened once it will certainly happen again!

Good job! Congrats!

2. oderog profile image47
      oderogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great and that's the beauty with Amazon, anybody can buy any products once you've led them to Amazon store and you get paid for that. Keep getting more

3. speedbird profile image59
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on your Amazon sale..keep it up!

4. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to go! Don't it feel good? cool

As it motivates you to try for more amazon sales it starts to get exciting not just to see sales but to see the commission % go up and to see multiple orders from one person. Not that single sales stop being exciting! Even one worth 10 cents is still exciting to see big_smile

2. Mutiny92 profile image66
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

wonderful job!  Amazon sales are like ants:  You are guaranteed that when you see one, there are sure to be more!

3. leahlefler profile image93

Thanks, everyone! I am absolutely stoked that I'm earning from HP so early in the game. The flat-screen TV order was definitely a lucky break. With Adsense and Amazon, I'm up to almost $60... a very happy day!

4. WoodsmensPost profile image62
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

Right on leahlefler!!!! The doors are open and your sign is on !!
    Congratulations!!! Can you say Ka ching!!!

5. Ign Andy profile image58
    Ign Andyposted 13 years ago

Wow a flat TV smile. That's really something

6. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 13 years ago

Wow Leahlefler, you did really good to get Amazon sales in about 5 weeks. Thats incredible and keep up the good work. I just got my first few Amazon sales three days ago after 15 months on Hubpages and the clicks are beginning to add up. You will see more soon.

7. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

well done, I guess the TV was in the back of their mind before they read your hub!

8. Aiden Roberts profile image67
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

Well done it is a great feeling when you make a sale with Amazon.

Many more will follow.

9. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Happy happy joy joy!

1. strawberryhill profile image57
      strawberryhillposted 13 years ago

That's great news.

Is there any body of evidence on whether low end items or high end items are better for getting people to click through?  The other option is that it is pretty random - what are everyone's thoughts?

2. leahlefler profile image93

I have no idea re: the high or low end items. The flat screen TV wasn't anything I had written a hub about!

The other two items I sold were in the $30 range, but they were on an informative hub about how to do something with young children. Someone was looking for the information and equipment, clicked, and bought. Happy Day!

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!

3. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations on such a good first sale!

I have never sold a flat screen tv - so not fair LOL! smile

1. leahlefler profile image93
        leahleflerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was pretty shocked to see it. Someone bought a 32" Vizio HDTV, lol! I have no idea how they decided to buy a TV after clicking through my hubs, but yippee! Maybe next time they'll order a 60" plasma screen, lol!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The big sales are great, especially if there are enough small ones to get a high referral rate.  Congrats to you! smile

4. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats leahlefler!

5. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Congrats! smile

6. Sunshine625 profile image87
      Sunshine625posted 13 years ago

Yay for you!!! Wishing you lots more sales!!! smile

7. salt profile image61
      saltposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!!!!

8. FaithDream profile image80
      FaithDreamposted 13 years ago

That's awesome. Congrats!

9. europewalker profile image79
      europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Congrats! Hope there are more sales to come.

10. CYBERSUPE profile image61
      CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Congrats you broke the ice

11. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! I can relate the joy as I was there where are you are not too long ago! Here to more amazon sales for you and us.

12. timorous profile image81
      timorousposted 13 years ago

Nice going leahlefler.  Yeah, it's weird what people end up buying from a click on your Amazon ads.  I recently had someone buy a pair of gold earrings for $105, though none of my hubs are remotely about fashion, as far as I can tell.

In fact, of all the Amazon sales I've gotten so far, not one was an advertised item.  Go figure.  Doesn't seem to matter what the cost is.  The ads just seem to be a jumping off point.  Though I must admit it helps to have the most relevant ads for the hub subject if you expect a click at all.

I've had 108 clicks and 2 sales so far this year.  Now that spring is just around the corner, things should really start to pick up (the first 6 weeks of the year are typically very slow for all retailers and marketers).

13. JD Barlow profile image61
      JD Barlowposted 13 years ago

That is excellent news! Congrations!

14. nasus loops profile image64
      nasus loopsposted 13 years ago

Congratulations on your sales.  It really is a nice feeling isn't it.  I had my first sales running up to Christmas.

15. Azure11 profile image85
      Azure11posted 13 years ago

Well done! I have just started using Amazon a bit more as it seems like they sell almost everything, there is probably something for almost every hub out there!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)