jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Can't move comments capsule?

1. Victoria Stephens profile image76
    Victoria Stephensposted 6 years ago

For some reson I can't get my comments capsule to go above any other capsule, it has to remain at the very bottom.

I usually put my rss feeds underneath my comments.  I was fine last week and for the previous amount of months ect...

Does anyone know if this is a bug or a new format that hubpages have decided we must use?

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 6 years ago

I swear that I read somewhere last week that we would now only be able to put our comments at the bottom, but to be honest, I'm not one hundred percent certain...wish I could be a little more help.  I don't know, because that's where I always put mine.

Good luck!

Victoria Stephensposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Motown2Chitown, I guess i'll have to just work with it for now.xxx

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago via iphone

Yes, that's right. The comment capsule is fixed as the last capsule.

Ok thanks for your response.  I much prefured it the other way but will adapt wink

4. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I have two objections to this:

1) I like to put any links or RSS capsules below the comments - comments on hubs are important and so readers do not need to be offered a way to leave the hub before they get to the comments capsule

2) I've just finished a new hub, and it makes adding capsules really awkward, as they kept going above the last text capsule - this is new and I can only assume that it is because the comment capsule has to come last.

Do Hubbers who know not to put comments capsules in strange places have to be penalised because some people do not understand?

1. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Hypno,

Here is one for you....I was told to delete the RSS Feed links that I received for an RSS Feed "keyword" related to the topic on the hub, because the RSS Feed came up with irrelevant(not related) hubs.

Go figure?

hmm

1. Cagsil profile image61
          Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know Victoria, I thought it didn't make any sense, but since they were not going to republished the hub they unpublished, I deleted it.

2. Victoria Stephens profile image76

Hi CMHypno, they are my points exactly. Great minds think alike big_smile

1. CMHypno profile image88
        CMHypnoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They are valid points, but as you say I suspect we will just have to adapt - but it really does make adding capsules fiddly! smile

5. Victoria Stephens profile image76
    Victoria Stephensposted 6 years ago

I think it looks tidier with the rss at the bottom of the page.xxx

6. Trish_M profile image85
    Trish_Mposted 6 years ago

I mentioned this recently, because I couldn't get my 'comments' box to go to the bottom!!!

working