jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

My question removed

1. profile image0
    CollBposted 6 years ago

Hi Hubteam,

Just asked the question, 'What are the first words you utter when you wake up?' and the following words, added:-

You may find one of these related questions useful ...

What Do You Say When You Approach A Girl You Like For The First Time? How Do You Overcome...

and

I have an opportunity...

I've seen a question posted today, being as follows:

How are you today?

My question wasn't asked before so wondering why my question was removed?

Thanks in advance for an explanation.

1. profile image0
      CollBposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Additional note:
      There were 3 really good responses and I just clicked on the question and found it was deleted.

Then the following words added by Hubpages:

You may find one of these related questions useful ...

What Do You Say When You Approach A Girl You Like For The First Time? How Do You Overcome...

and

I have an opportunity...

i'm puzzled as to why my question was removed?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your question is clearly only asking for a one-sentence answer.

The questions section is there to ask questions so Hubbers can answer by writing a Hub. It's unlikely anyone could make a whole Hub out of that! 

If you're posting questions to be sociable, then the forums is the place to do it.

1. profile image0

Hi Marisa, yes you're right - the question only asks for a a one-sentence answer.

I didn't use the forum as this allows hubbers to respond to the question and not form a dialogue/conversation amongst themselves, through the question asked.

Thanks for clarifying this query.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You should contact HubPages directly.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You specifically addressed HubPages. This forum is not the proper way to do so. I can see you have had questions removed in the past, so it may be worthwhile contacting them for a fuller explanation.

1. profile image0

Yep...I'll contact Hubpages and ask why this question was removed...I wasn't aware some other questions were removed as well.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Coll, you don't need to contact HubPages to get your answer, it's already been answered several times.

If you're going to ask a question, it MUST be the kind of question which could inspire someone to write a Hub.  If you're just asking questions to respond with a sentence or two, your question will be removed every time.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It has been answered - probably correctly - by Hubbers. But the OP is addressed to HubPages, and only a moderator will be able to say conclusively why the question was removed.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

The questions are not supposed to be so meaningless. If you see those other questions you can also flag them.  I know there are a lot of useless questions on there but they will all eventually be closed too.

1. profile image0

Thanks for this suggestion.

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Questions are removed for being short or requiring short/brief answers. Any questions that can be answered either yes or no, will be flagged(by hubbers) and removed(by moderators).

The questions section is specifically so people can write nice long hubs as answers. That is the actual intention of the questions section.

1. profile image0

Yep, I think that was what it was and thanks to you and others for these answers.  Really shed light on the matter...cheers.

Closed to reply

working