jump to last post 51-58 of 58 discussions (118 posts)

New signed-in homepage launched!

1. Docmo profile image93
    Docmoposted 6 years ago

Loving the new look- cool and contemporary. Well done guys!

2. SunSeven profile image65
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Trying to go back in time.
    Its a teen interface.

I hate it.

If I have an option I will go back to earlier homepage.

Imitaing social network sites.

3. ahmadnaim profile image60
    ahmadnaimposted 6 years ago

i think its awesome well keep up the awesome works!

4. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Is there any option to opt out of this interface ?

I want to access Hubpages quickly and there is no way i can do that with this interface as it takes more time to download on slow connection.

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid the die is cast, Skyfire!  I hate this type thing on FB already and now it's here.  It cheapens the look of Hubpages in my opinion.  I only hope non-members cannot see what we see.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Well, where do I find the Hubpages front page news now?

6. psf profile image79
    psfposted 6 years ago

We can see the earlier home page if we haven't signed into HubPages. smile

7. heart4theword profile image54
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing this info, I was wondering where the feed forum went?

8. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I gave a lot of feedback on the new homepage immediately after it was launched.  Now that we've had it for a while, I want to add one more thing.

A big problem that I have with the new homepage is how slowly it scrolls.  It seems to lock up at certain points, and so I have to wait longer than seems reasonable just to navigate around on the page.  I know that could be browser-related, but I don't have the same sort of problem (using the same browser) on other pages here.

Also, when I want to post comments in a forum (from the homepage), it is more difficult - i.e., more difficult than posting from within the forum thread.  The comment box collapses from time to time.  I think this is related to something I mentioned in the beginning, but may not be identical to that problem.

I'm not really all that thrilled with the look of it, honestly (it's just an esthetic preference), but I admit I have been spending more time since it launched actually looking at the blurbs of new Hubs, at questions and answers, at forum comments, etc.  I can see it as a positive there.  I like getting a little sample of a Hub, rather than just the title.

So, once again, mixed reviews from me.

working