conditional captcha

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)
  1. edmob1 profile image61
    edmob1posted 13 years ago

Why as a member am I unable to use remember me login password. Each time I come here I have to go through conditional capture. When I last change my browser begining of June I was exempt until I aked it to show all content.
    I use conditional captcha myself as a protection against email bots,but would have thought the hoops members and their hubs have to dance through are more than enough security.

2. Aficionada profile image81
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I'm sorry.  I really don't understand what you are saying/asking.

3. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 13 years ago

I think what he's saying is that each time he wants to log in he has to retype his password because HPs remember me does not work.

If I am right check out this link;

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hubpages-Login-Forget

1. Aficionada profile image81
      Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense.  Thanks for the link.  I never use that feature and didn't realize it was related to HP.  I always assumed those things were browser- or operating system- related.

2. edmob1 profile image61
      edmob1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Cardisa you are almost there.Sorry to both you and Aficionda Iwas tired and annoyed when I wrote the question.I like you have many logins and passwords and those I don't use regularly I store in a digital vault so I can get as and when needed.
      My problem with the hub page login is the conditional captcha in my view it should not be needed for merely logging into your page.Perhaps for other data but as members I feel we have given enough of our selves and should not be fustrated by yet one more hurdle.

I understand your frustration!  Again, the conditional captcha for sign-in is not something I understand.  Are you signing in from a public computer perhaps?  I guess I've already answered my own question, because I don't think you would try to use a remember-me feature if that were the case.

It may be that your best bet would be to contact the Hubteam directly and ask what is going on.  If we're lucky, they will see this thread and shed some light on the topic.

Do you normally answer your own questions.Yes it would be great if the Hubteam picked up on it, as direct communication with them seems to go unanswered.

lol big_smile  Depends on the day and how much coffee I've had!  big_smile lol

I know that in some other threads people have discussed problems that arise when a person uses a public computer (which, as I indicated, I don't think you are doing now) OR when they initially sign up for HP on a public computer, even if they are using a private one afterwards.  Could that possibly be a part of this situation?

Again, I understand this is frustrating.  There is a great deal going on at HP now, and there may well be hundreds (maybe even thousands) of direct communications they are trying to answer in as timely a manner as possible.

Since I appear to be one sucker willing to keep this thread going (and that increases the chances that others will see it and add their own wisdom), I'll try to suss out more of what's going on, okay?  Just trying to get information to help figure this thing out...

You wrote, in your original post, that the problem started a few weeks ago when you changed your browser and then only after you asked it to "show all content."  What does that mean, to "show all content"?

smile  I hope your fellow Hubbers can help get this problem solved! smile

2. KyleBear profile image60
            KyleBearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol that made my day tongue

What my my question or the answers i have been getting?,and let me ask you do you see a conditional capture box when you log-in?

1. WriteAngled profile image72
                WriteAngledposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you mean the monstrous thing that makes you try and decipher distorted letters and numbers, no I do not. Since it frequently takes me ten or more attempts to succeed and usually makes me cry (literally!) while I do so, I would not have been able to use this site on a regular basis with such an obstacle to each log in.

You have hit the nail right on the head.It does not reduce me to tears yet. But does fustrate me and put me off using the site.
                  thank you write angel.

2. mckbirdbks profile image80
                  mckbirdbksposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you I thought I was the only one having trouble with this captcha hurdle.

No I thankyou. As you may have noticed this thread has been running for 4 day's,and it was I who felt that it could only happen to me. Could you tell me which browser you use if you don't want that's fine.But could you read tell me what ideas you have had to deal with the problem,and did you write to HP team and was their answer relevant.

4. Aficionada profile image81
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I saw the captcha thing a little while ago when I accidentally clicked on "sign up" for an account, instead of "sign in."  I really believe that if you are seeing it on sign-in, you have some kind of glitch, and I'm hoping the staff will see this thread and help figure out what is going on - or explain it to those of us who don't know why you would be seeing it upon sign-in.

Thanks Aficionada you have given me an idea.Maybe if I take thepage out of favourites and reload another.
      Ta
      ed.

I do hope it gets worked out right!  Keep us posted. smile

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

I have never seen a captcha box on Hubpages.

I saw them on the first few Hubs I published.

When I send a message through the "Contact ____" link on a Hubber's profile, there is one.  (At least, I'm pretty sure that's where it is.)

And then, as I noted above, when I clicked on the "sign up" link, instead of the "sign in" link, I saw a captcha box.

Sorry it didn't but it was a thought.Also strange that IE9 should question if I want to veiw all content.Though clicking that option only changes the captcha box entry.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)