jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Having trouble adding links to my hubs

1. Terishere profile image60
    Terishereposted 6 years ago

I've used the "suggest link" tool, I then pick a link and it seems fine. After I add it, I click on the word with the link and I, most times, get an "oops" message.

Only one link, that I've used, works.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way to add a link?

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that this has to do with hubkarma which I believe has dissappeared. I have an alternative.  If you want to create links to your hub go to the box of capsules on the right and click on the links capsule.  You can either search hubpages for similar hubs or write in a URL for an existing website you wanht to link.  for example, if you write a hub about an actor or director, you can post a link to his or her imdb profile .  I write about authors  a lot and have links to their official society webpages

Terishereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, do you have the link next to the name, with the link showing, or do you embed it into your word? If it's linked in the word or words, I don't know how to do that. Or does the links capsule do that for you? Sorry for all the questions smile

2. jponiato profile image83
    jponiatoposted 6 years ago

There is a problem with the "link to this hub" facility, maybe it is failing in the link tool as well.  See this forum post:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77902

Thanks, I did get one link to work, but the others I had to remove. I did use the link tool for all of them

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

not a problem.  You can put the link capsule wherever you want.  most people put the links  capsule lower down after their text capsule.  You can even press on a little arrow that will allow you to put the links capsule on the right side of the page.  There is also an option to shade the background blue or gray.  I like to move my capsules around when I'm writing a new hub to decide what's more visually interesting.

Thank you! I guess I'll have to play around with it. Thanks for taking the time to help me smile

working