jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)

Pinging

1. Ritsos profile image62
    Ritsosposted 6 years ago

Errrr in idiot terms .. what is it and should I do it after launching a website or posting a hub? I have been doing very recently but not really 100% sure why .. I've been using Pingler

any thoughts/advice?

1. kmackey32 profile image79
      kmackey32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Go to pingler.com. thats what I use.. It helps get listed faster on google and other search engines

Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks .. I have been using that but only for the last week or so when it was suggested elsewhere .. just wasn't sure of the purpose that's all .. thanks

2. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't over use pinging services unless you have a blog that you are pinging, Wordpress has a nice space to add those pinging services!

1. Richieb799 profile image60
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

How often would you suggest pinging hubs? to revive certain ones for example?

3. celebritie profile image76
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

I think blogger blogspot has a built in pinging service as well.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

You can also use this free web service that submits your links to various search engines;
    http://www.free-web-submission.co.uk/submissionfree/  cool

5. Richieb799 profile image60
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

PingDevice.com lets you bulk ping

6. Rob Winters profile image78
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

As far as i know you should really only ping when you put up or add new material or when you make additions or updates to existing work you have or are trying to revive. As others have said you should not over do this but it definitely helps getting indexed and your updates noticed. I mostly use pingomatic.

Ritsosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes .. that was my impression .. new site or when I add new content .. guess it would be good to ping new hubs then .. cool

7. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 6 years ago

Thanks for asking this question, i have not been using it before, but now that i know it's purpose, then am up to using it.

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Ok, I had the same question, but upon reading the OP's query and the responses, I don't find that anyone has actually explained, what is "pinging" and how does it work?

Thank you for any clarification.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping

It's basically just a poke, I suppose. You send a small amount of data, and they respond with a "hear you loud and clear" message.

9. profile image0
    adeaugustusposted 6 years ago

Ok. When i did some research on it, i finally register on ping.fm. It is a nice place where you can post on all your social website at once, they have twitter, facebook, bebo, linkedin, myspace, yahoo, google buzz, stumbleupon, digg. E.t.c. So if you have account on any of the website listed all you have to do after registering on ping.fm is to link the account to your ping account, so when ever you post your url link on ping it will appear on all the website that you linked with the ping. Hope that help?

10. kmackey32 profile image79
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Ping Ping  Ping... Sorry got board...lol

11. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

I see, so sort of like using TwitterFeed?

Except that TwitterFeed automatically searches and updates every so often (you specifiy), and auto-posts to your FB, Twitter, etc., without you even having to be signed in at TF, once you've got it set up.

(I think their posting sites might be more limited,though????)

1. profile image0
      adeaugustusposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but they have up to 30 or 40 Websites. I think that enough just for a click.

12. njmanura profile image88
    njmanuraposted 6 years ago

Ping.fm is not a pinging service. It is a social media platform, where you can post to multiple social media networks at once.

working